What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID error

flaxies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
Can someone help me out please?
I have confirmed that my ID is correct in the store but for some reason when I try an download a new app the ID that pops up for me to enter my password is not mine?
I have a feeling this could arise due to some apps that I have installed are installed with a different ID (kids) if so how do I determine
1. which apps are installed using an ID that's not mine?
2. Remove the incorrect ID that keeps popping up when trying to install a new app?

Many thanks for your time and knowledge!

Dean

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
At the bottom of most tabs in the App Store, you can see the Apple ID you are signed in with. You can tap this ID to get a sign out option. Once signed out tap the button again to sign in with a different Apple ID.

You must be signed in with your Apple ID in order for your password to work when making a purchase or update.

You can see what apps you have purchased with the current (signed in) Apple iD by going to the Purchased tab.

Apps can only be updated using the Apple ID they were purchased with.

Last edited:

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I think you might have pointed out an obvious oversight that might be causing my recent problem or at least part of it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you. I think you might have pointed out an obvious oversight that might be causing my recent problem or at least part of it.

No problem.

If it doesn't solve your problem be sure to ask, though if it's not related you'd probably get better results with your own thread (assuming you don't already have one.)

OP
flaxies

flaxies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for you time and knowledge, problem all solved!
Cheers mate!

guyfromhalifax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the bottom of most tabs in the App Store, you can see the Apple ID you are signed in with. You can tap this ID to get a sign out option. Once signed out tap the button again to sign in with a different Apple ID.

You must be signed in with your Apple ID in order for your password to work when making a purchase or update.

You can see what apps you have purchased with the current (signed in) Apple iD by going to the Purchased tab.

Thank you for the help!!

I recently changed my e-mail address (and ID in itunes). However, my ipad will NOT change ID's as a default. Tapping the "signed-in as" tab in the app store does offer me the chance to sign in with my correct Apple ID. Not a perfect fix, but it works!
I did several syncs but the Apple ID it started with is the still the default.

Thanks again!

Shane D in Halifax

drnhlau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

Hi, first question, does it mean that we can keep many accounts in one iPad? Could we synchronise say 'contacts' among all the different accounts? The reason I am asking this is I have got more than 5 devices, and one purchased application can only be shared with 5 devices. Thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can use more than one account on an iPad. It is important to keep track of what you bought in each account, because you'll need to sign on with that account to update the app.

As for iCloud, you do not have to use the same Apple ID for iCloud as you do iTunes. That way you can have different store accounts for each person (if needed) and still have the same iCloud syncing. Or vice-versa.

Apple IDs and iCloud

And I am almost certain the device limit is 10 for iCloud and iTunes syncing. 5 is the number computers you can authorize on a single iTunes account.

drnhlau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You can use more than one account on an iPad. It is important to keep track of what you bought in each account, because you'll need to sign on with that account to update the app.

As for iCloud, you do not have to use the same Apple ID for iCloud as you do iTunes. That way you can have different store accounts for each person (if needed) and still have the same iCloud syncing. Or vice-versa.

Apple IDs and iCloud

And I am almost certain the device limit is 10 for iCloud and iTunes syncing. 5 is the number computers you can authorize on a single iTunes account.

You are ever helpful (as I saw in other threads), thank you so much for this info, I was terrified if i were to add another account my other precious info would just vanish!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

Even if you tried to go over 10 devices it would not vanish. You would simply not be able to add the 10th device to that iCloud account. Or so I'd guess. I don't know of anyone who has actually gone over the 10 device limit.

Most reactions

Latest posts