What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple and HBO Announced HBO Now Streaming Launch Details

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
hbo-now-apple.png

Apple and HBO shocked us all when they started off their livestream event by announcing the HBO Now streaming service as an exclusive for Apple TV. It will be available in early April for $14.99.

If you sign up for a subscription early enough, you will be able to watch Game of Thrones' opening season 5. Also, for those who sign up before April 12th, you will get one month for free.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
Here's HBO's brand new teaser video trailer for the HBO Now service:

And here is a link to the HBO Now sign up: http://order.hbonow.com/

Interestingly, even though it is an Apple TV exclusive, you will also be able to watch HBO Now on the internet through a PC at HBONow.com website (once it goes live in April.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not entirely an Apple TV exclusive. You'll also be able to use an HBONow app on the iPhone and iPad; nice for those of us who don't have an Apple TV, but would still might like to try the service.

Using the Reflector app I should be able to AirPlay the video to my computer. We'll see.

I had not heard about the HBONow.com site. I'll have to look into that. I suspect you'll need to have purchased a subscription through Apple TV or an iOS device to view it; otherwise their supposedly exclusive deal wouldn't be at all exclusive.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I assume it'll be a U.S. Only app for now.

Yep. Sorry.

From Apple's site:
  • HBO NOW℠ is accessible only in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories where a high-speed broadband connection is available. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I imagine the usual VPN workaround with a local U.S. Apple ID account will probably work. If you'll absolutely die without Game of Thrones on your iPad, I suppose it would be worth the trouble. :)

Most reactions