What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Also Teases Their Fourth Gen iPad

emt845

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Instead of concentrating on introducing a new iPad Apple to invest in fixing their blunders with iOS6. Just my opinion. Since I just bought my iPad3 I sure hope Apple is sending me a credit.

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They should announce release of iPad and lot of us wouldn't bought ipad3.That was mean.. :(

smithclarke3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple teased that it had "a little more to show" us prior to today's San Francisco event, but it's clear now that the phrasing was humble at best. Not only has the much-anticipated, rumored and leaked 7.9-inch iPad mini been officially revealed, but so has a smattering of
new and refreshed offerings across its range of gizmos

Twism86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gardenstatetrout.com
Its not rocket science. Apple comes out with a new connector, new iPhone, iTouch, iPods, etc...... It was only very likely that they would be update the majority of their line for the new connector. Any one who buy every single new generation is going to be disappointed. I myself stick to upgrading every other, or every couple generations.
I have the iPad 2 and the 3 wasnt a big enough incentive to upgrade. Now with the 4 I think it had improved enough to be worth it, even though im still very happy with my 2.

Its the day of fast paced technology upgrades, nothing new, its been happening since the early 2000's. Dont get so POed about the little thing, far more important stuff in life to worry about. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

solarrdadd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i watched the keynotes but there was no mention of the release date or even hint of a release date for the iPad4. does anyone have a guess as to whether it will be released for late holiday this year or 1st quarter next year? i've got an iPad2 and can wait. i really wanted the mini, but, i chose not to get it because it didn't have the retina display. if it had said display, i'd be buying that despite the spec's on the upcoming iPad4.

another interesting thing, do we expect that they will now release a mini to shadow last years version of every iPad released as a new generation of iPad gets announced? Or, at some point, will they release the same tech in just the two sizes regular & mini?

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard the lightning connector also adds more security for apple against jail breakers and 3rd party computer program's making it harder to access limiting the access holes for jailbreaks etc. which means any other software you use now other than iTunes may not work on the new devices. Even with an lightning to 30 pin adapter not all your accessories are guaranteed to work either.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i watched the keynotes but there was no mention of the release date or even hint of a release date for the iPad4. does anyone have a guess as to whether it will be released for late holiday this year or 1st quarter next year? i've got an iPad2 and can wait. i really wanted the mini, but, i chose not to get it because it didn't have the retina display. if it had said display, i'd be buying that despite the spec's on the upcoming iPad4.

another interesting thing, do we expect that they will now release a mini to shadow last years version of every iPad released as a new generation of iPad gets announced? Or, at some point, will they release the same tech in just the two sizes regular & mini?

Like the iPad mini, the iPad 4 can be ordered on Oct. 26 for delivery on Nov. 2. And, 4G-enabled models will ship a few weeks later at the end of November.

From this link:

iPad 4 release date, news and features | News | TechRadar

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish apple had can official policy for people who got duped get some iTunes vouchers, however nothing will substitute the feeling that goes with missing out from such quick hardware updates. I remember the feeling when the better and cheaper iPad 2 came out few months after I had bought the ipad 1

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i watched the keynotes but there was no mention of the release date or even hint of a release date for the iPad4. does anyone have a guess as to whether it will be released for late holiday this year or 1st quarter next

I just got a shipment date of Nov. 26.

slayda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you reckon that Apple is shifting their "annual" release dates from March to October? Is it possible that the iPad was always intended to be only an interim product? Inquiring minds want to know!

BTW, I just pre-ordered my iPad 4 to replace my iPad 2. Daughter will inherit the iPad 2.

gambit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slayda said:
Do you reckon that Apple is shifting their "annual" release dates from March to October? Is it possible that the iPad was always intended to be only an interim product? Inquiring minds want to know!

BTW, I just pre-ordered my iPad 4 to replace my iPad 2. Daughter will inherit the iPad 2.

Is there any policy to exchange older iPad with the new one ?

bertandernie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gambit said:
Is there any policy to exchange older iPad with the new one ?

I trying to get refund on my 3rd generation through John Lewis as only bought 5/10/12 and not happy but not got back to me yet :(

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bertandernie said:
I trying to get refund on my 3rd generation through John Lewis as only bought 5/10/12 and not happy but not got back to me yet :(

Take it to the apple store.

Most reactions

Latest posts