What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Also Teases Their Fourth Gen iPad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
4th-gen-ipad-and-ipad-mini.png

Fourth Gen 10-Inch iPad teased as well.

4th Gen iPad specs:
  • A6X Chip with Faster Performance - Twice that of the previous iPad
  • Next-gen ISP Chip
  • 10-hour Battery Life
  • Facetime HD
  • Working with many carriers
  • WiFi twice as fast
  • Updated to Lightning Connectors
  • New Retina Display
  • 16GB WiFi $499
  • Cellular for $629

Last edited:

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I had just gotten an iPad 3 recently I'd be a little po'd right now. The cycle for the iPad has been 1 year and folks know that going into the purchase but say you just got yours a month ago and are beyond the return period, that would be a tough pill to swallow knowing a new device just came out that is twice as fast, has the new connector and is the same price. I think Apple it going to have quite a few upset customers over this move. I know technology changes/improves at a fast rate, blah blah blah but when you set up a product life cycle and then all of a sudden change it and make it shorter, you are asking for it. What do you folks think?

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my ipad 3 few months ago so i am not as unhappy, however if i had bought it a few weeks ago i be not to happy. I remember when i bought my ipad 1 for £429, few months later the better and faster dual core ipad 2 came out costing £399, or £29 less then the ipad 1. That time i was well unhappy

RIP Steve Jobs 

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Under Steve Jobs, Apple was a leader.
By adopting the 6 month refresh cycle of its chief rival, some may conclude Apple is now following.

And I think I'd grind my teeth a little if I purchased a 3rd gen iPad only to learn there's going to be twice as much under the hood six months later.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

gozierdt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I did just buy an iPad 3 one month ago, and I'm really pissed. I hope they will offer some sort of
reduced price upgrade path...

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was gonna get an ipad3 a few weeks ago and something told me to hang on. I still might though as I hope the price will come down on them now.

bertandernie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought mine 3 weeks ago so not happy at all that is going to be superceeeded already :( seeing I had put the purchase off for while

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you bought in the last 30 days from an apple store, call them and see if they are offering an exchange. Just read that the store in San Francisco is offering that deal (as long as the iPad 3 is not blemished/damaged) but the manager said it is at the individual stores discretion, not a policy. If you bought from another retailer you can try contacting them as well but I would be surprised if they would do it.

alexss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont get the wifi improvement. Will all internet speeds be affected or is something restricted?? Like only 50mbs connections or above will see a difference

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my Ipad 3 on launch day and I am super duper pissed never mind those who got theirs last week.
Dunno about most other people but £600 was a hell of a lot of money for me, Let us be honest this is not a refresh it is a whole new model what with new camera , chip , wifi connection ,
and charger everyone with an older pad will be well pissed cos apple have basically done a Samsung special...

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
If I had just gotten an iPad 3 recently I'd be a little po'd right now. The cycle for the iPad has been 1 year and folks know that going into the purchase but say you just got yours a month ago and are beyond the return period, that would be a tough pill to swallow knowing a new device just came out that is twice as fast, has the new connector and is the same price. I think Apple it going to have quite a few upset customers over this move. I know technology changes/improves at a fast rate, blah blah blah but when you set up a product life cycle and then all of a sudden change it and make it shorter, you are asking for it. What do you folks think?

I am still on iPad 2 HA!!!! Did we know ipad4 or the new new iPad was coming?? I haven't been on here in a while.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bertandernie said:
I bought mine 3 weeks ago so not happy at all that is going to be superceeeded already :( seeing I had put the purchase off for while

Can u return it??

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC Using using iPF

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:

I agree, I bought my iPad 2 in February this year and nobody mentioned an iPad 3, now there's going to be an iPad mini and a iPad 4? Outdated 3 times in less than a year is taking the p*** I reckon they are going to get a bad name as being too greedy soon. What gets me is there fan base will only get annoyed. I paid £579 for mine and I've not got another £579 for the next models. The iPad mini is not far off a repackaged iPad 2, if there thinking of making the iPad 2 obsolete soon why use the same technology in their new product. I then give it 6 months before the mini 2 or mini S with all the features it should have had in the first place. That way they get to squeeze in a quick 50 million over Xmas.

Most reactions

Latest posts