What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App to remote control another iPad?

jlrehmann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to tis forum,so I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong spot.

Does anyone know if there is an App anywhere that will allow me to remote into an iPad and control it (kind of like TeamViewer). I am buying my mother an iPad and I can see all the questions she will have about how to use it... Sometimes it might be easier to remote into her iPad and show her how to do something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is nothing that will allow you to remotely control another iPad. The operating system of the iPad, iOS, was deliberately designed to 'sandbox' (isolate) the programs (apps) from each other for a variety of very good reasons - one being no possibility of a virus attack. But the downside of this is that there is no way that an unmodified (i.e. non-jail broken) iPad app can control another app in the way that would be needed for what you want to achieve to happen.

If you jail broke both your iPads then, indeed, this would be possible. Have a look in our jail breaking (hacking) section for further details.

Tim

aruangra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you ipad is jailbroken, you can use Veency in Cydia to setup a VNC server on the ipad. I use Mocha VNC client in another ipad to control the server.

SH92869

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the similar situation as NOOB... but what if I only want to WATCH (and not control) another Ipad? Is THAT possible?

Reaction score
SH92869 said:
I have the similar situation as NOOB... but what if I only want to WATCH (and not control) another Ipad? Is THAT possible?

It is possible to some extend. Some apps let you share the app interface with another iOS device, but for all apps that have this feature, do they only share the screen of what's inside the app. Anything happening outside the app will not be shared.

For example Replica Pro will share it's screen to either another Replica Pro user, or anyone using a browser. But the limitation is, that anything you want to share has to be done from within the app. Now Replica Pro has an inbuilt webbrowser, support for word, powerpoint and excel documents, as well as images. So it works for sharing those documents, but that's pretty much it.

Being jailbroken is so much more useful.

SH92869

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
It is possible to some extend. Some apps let you share the app interface with another iOS device, but for all apps that have this feature, do they only share the screen of what's inside the app. Anything happening outside the app will not be shared.

For example Replica Pro will share it's screen to either another Replica Pro user, or anyone using a browser. But the limitation is, that anything you want to share has to be done from within the app. Now Replica Pro has an inbuilt webbrowser, support for word, powerpoint and excel documents, as well as images. So it works for sharing those documents, but that's pretty much it.

Being jailbroken is so much more useful.

Which jailbreak do you recommend? I don't want to throw money at a scam (there seem to be those out there)
By the way, thanks for your insight

Most reactions