What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store oddity

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPhone SE 2020, a 2017 iMac and an iPad Pro, all of which have the latest versions of OS including Big Sur.

The iPhone and iMac seem to be behaving “normally” and the iPad is behaving “normally” except for accessing the App Store.

It is clearly making contact because the icon badge shows the number of apps available for update yet when I launch the App Store app it says “Cannot connect to App Store. This has happened for three days now.

I have rebooted several times, carried out hard resets and tried three different networks, all to no avail. Everything else appears to be working normally and, as I mentioned, the iPhone and iMac access the App Store normally. I infer therefrom that the problem lies with or within the iPad.

Any ideas what may be going on and how I can correct it?

Thanks in advance.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does this happen on only your home WiFi or anywhere you connect to the internet? Have you tried restarting your router?

OP
iBozz

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’m in “lockdown” and C-19 Shieldimg at the moment so haven’t been able to try another network yet but shall do so as soon as I can.

i have, however, thethered my iPad to my iPhone and thus used my mobile network and it still won’t connect.

OP
iBozz

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Curiouser and curiouser!

I rebooted my router and it made no difference. I then logged out of my Apple ID and logged back in again and the problem is partially but not completely resolved.

When I open the App Store app, it still says that it cannot connect to the App Store. However, if I then go to the search symbol, click on that and then click on my logo it does connect!

I'm guessing that the app is somehow slightly corrupted and that it will resolve itself when the next upgrade to the OS comes out.

Bizarre, but I now have a workaround.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m glad you can now use the App Store again. Keep us updated when the next iPadOS update comes out.

Most reactions

Latest posts