What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South African App store severely reduced - Advice needed

thebrainfromsa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently read a thread about South Africa users struggling to get full access to the full itunes App store and Game Centre (http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...d-south-african-user-apple-app-store-ios.html)

I know that there is a work around (e.g. Register an address in America / Using Vouchers), I was just wondering how legal it is and whether Apple are first aware of the practice and possibly turn a blind eye to it? I would rather not work around it, but disappointing that us South Africans are not getting the same experience of the Apple Environment like the rest of the world. I'm not expecting to be able to access all the movies / music available in the US just full access to the various Apps available. I own an Android phone and in South Africa we are able to use this freely without a workaround (The normal Google Market works fine, the only exception being the Amazon Marketplace.)

It was mentioned in the post above that Apple has released a white paper in this regard. Could some please provide me with a link to it or a soft copy? I am posting this here since that thread is closed.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a private forum we understand your frustrations. Many users have multiple accounts including USA and England.. We can not discuss white papers etc here there are many threads regrading accessing usa and other countries iTunes stores. It is your choice if you need additional information just ask.

OP
T

thebrainfromsa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a private forum we understand your frustrations. Many users have multiple accounts including USA and England.. We can not discuss white papers etc here there are many threads regrading accessing usa and other countries iTunes stores. It is your choice if you need additional information just ask.

Hi Thanks for your reply,

I understand that this is a private forum, I'm just trying to understand the situation better. I'm looking for access to the relevant information. If we are unable to discuss this here at least point me in the right direction for the correct documentation to read.

To be honest, I do think it is ok to state the facts when people choose to go the route of multiple accounts. If it is not 100% legal then users need to be made aware of this. If Apple has a post stating that they are aware of the practice and suggest alternate options then I would like to at least read about that too. I'm not trying to cause a fuss, just trying to make an informed decision.

raynmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I 100% agree, we need to know more and would like full access otherwise what's the point of having apple at all....

Most reactions

Latest posts