What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store not loading

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Guys,
Are any of you experiencing any issues in loading content in the App Store?

I have tried all evening and although the main App loads if you either try to load the main content or do a search all I get is the spinning icon as it tries to fetch data.
Ultimately it informs me it has timed out.

I am trying to access the App Store from the UK.

Thanks in advance.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys,

I have tried all evening and although the main App loads if you either try to load the main content or do a search all I get is the spinning icon as it tries to fetch data.

Thanks in advance.

No problem here Beards, but I'm in Canada..

OP
Beards

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Roy.

I've tried all sorts from closing the App to rebooting.
Hope a UK user pops in to let me know how he/she is getting on with it.

anandali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the spinning icon revolves for too long, it usually indicates that your wifi signal is too weak. The app loads from the iPad itself but finally informs you that it has timed out since it gets no data. Check your wifi connection since downloading apps needs a stronger wifi signal than just surfing on the web.

OP
Beards

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks but it's not that... It only happened with the App Store and not downloading, merely trying to access the store..
At the time I did all manner of checks including running a systems check with an app I have.
I'm pretty confident it was their server overloaded and doing some other checks have revealed others in the UK have reported similar issues. It's been fine today.

lmass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. The app store on my ipad 3 shows i need 3 updates, but all it does is spin. I tried turning of the ipad and back on. No luck. any suggestions?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's been a bit slow for me, and it just spat an error at me, but I tried again and it worked.

lmass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it to work by restarting with a reset (hold the top "off" button and the bottom "on-off" button when restarting the ipad.

Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Most reactions