What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store error message

Beckybecky6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using ipad2 with version 5.1. Whenever I try to use the app store either to update an app or to get a new app I get the message "An unknown error has occurred." There is no error number. This started yesterday I believe. I know there are many similar questions on this site, but I haven't found a solution that works for me. I have tried powering off and back on again. My wifi connection is good. I also have an ipod (2nd generation), and I am not having a problem with that. Does anyone have a suggestion for me? Thanks

PhilMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this: go to Settings and choose "Store." Click on your Apple ID and choose "Sign Out." Then sign back in.

mr4523mr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This problem just started today on my iPad 2. The issue might have been that I had changed my Apple password. Signing out and in again seems to have solved the issue. Thank you, thank you! You saved me an hour-long call to Apple!

Most reactions

Latest posts