What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store broken!

hoc3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After my previous iPad 3 charging port breaking I received a free replacement from an Apple Store yesterday. Today after my internet coming back online I tried to connect to the App Store.

First when trying to connect it tells me that it's loading and then gives me the message 'Cannot connect to the App Store' I hard reset and turned off and on my iPad but got no results. After going into Safari (which works fine) I went onto the App Store through that and got linked to the app version. I get a blank screen with a bar for the featured, charts etc buttons.

If I search where the Cancel and title text is I get: SEARCH_CANCEL_BUTTON and SEARCH_TAB_TITLE respectively. I've hard reset my iPad twice. As safari works there doesn't seem to be a internet problem. help?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try logging out of the AppStore on your iPad - then log back in again. It may just be a glitch in the initial setup and running of the new iPad...

Marilyn

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Additionally, you can force close App Store: double tap the Home button to show the multitask bar, then slide the picture above the app icon towards the top of the screen. Try to access App Store again afterwards.

Make sure date and time are right.

Go to this site: https://appleid.apple.com
Select "Manage Apple ID", login with your ID and make sure that there's no problem with your payment method.

Does the same happen when you try to open iTunes Store on your iPad?

Last edited:
OP
H

hoc3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, force closing the App Store doesn't work. That was the first thing I did. Date and time is set perfectly and yes, the same thing happens in the iTunes Store but I only just realised

OP
H

hoc3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried logging in an out through Settings but it just tell me it Cannot connect to iTunes StoreStore

OP
H

hoc3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First link on Google searches don't work on Safari and neither does the link you sent. Looks like this was free for a reason.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know this may be teaching you to suck eggs, so to speak, but have you double checked that you are trying to access the App Store in your home location? Your settings may have changed for some obscure reason.

When I am in the US I have to use the US store for certain apps so have to change id etc.

Hope this helps but if not, good luck. Some wise soul on here will have a solution for you; you can rely on that.

Mike

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried logging in an out through Settings but it just tell me it Cannot connect to iTunes StoreStore
So when you go to Settings - iTunes & App Stores, can you tap your Apple ID? Is it possible to view the details of the ID to check the payment method?

That's really weird.

Here's what you can try as well:

Set the date in Settings a years ahead, then access the App Store. If it helps, you can set it back to the right time afterwards.

Go to Settings - Generals - Reset and select "Reset Network Settings". Maybe this will help, as it seems Safari is affected as well.

If this doesn't help, reset all settings (Settings - General - Reset). This will set the iPad back to default settings, and you'll have to view through settings again to get it the way you prefer. As Mesqueunclub told you, data won't be lost.

The last option would be to erase the device and restore it, maybe using iTunes.

Last edited:
OP
H

hoc3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No worry about data as it has none on it. I'll try doing a reset in settings.

And to reply to Joanna. When I clicked on my Apple ID and signed out it worked fine. Now it is greyed out and I can't sign out or change the id

OP
H

hoc3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Setting the year an hour ahed doesn't work and neither does resetting network settings. Full reset here I come!

OP
H

hoc3000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reset all settings: no results. Is there a way to fully reset the iPad to the set up screen? By the way thank you for helping me!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome.
There is a way: Settings - General - Reset - Erase all content and settings.

Most reactions