What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad3 can't connect to App Store

Per.ho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some problems with connection to the App Store with my new Ipad3 on my wi-fi work network. Every time I want to download an app I get a message: "cannot connect to iTunes Store" Home on private, there are no problems! I can install apps on an ipad2 at work network! Is there a good explanation for this problem?

Compliments Per Horvath

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you thought of the possibility that your employer may have placed restrictions on the Internet connection at work that prevent access to certain sites,such as iTunes and the app store?

Last edited:

nipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sometimes have the same problem on both my ipad and iphone 4s both run the newest firmware , but these expensive apples cant handle multi accounts ( eg us , uk ect ) the only way i get the itunes store or sometimes the app store is to open yhe music app , then click on store , same goes for video's as well , this problem has been around from ios 5 and is a bug or just apple being a pain in the ass , i dont have any problems switching country stores on android , so why the most expensive tablet and phone cant handle it is a joke , hopfully apple will fix this in ios 6 , which i hope is a whole new look as the current ios looks very dated

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I sometimes have the same problem on both my ipad and iphone 4s both run the newest firmware , but these expensive apples cant handle multi accounts ( eg us , uk ect ) the only way i get the itunes store or sometimes the app store is to open yhe music app , then click on sRtore , same goes for video's as well , this problem has been around from ios 5 and is a bug or just apple being a pain in the ass , i dont have any problems switching country stores on android , so why the most expensive tablet and phone cant handle it is a joke , hopfully apple will fix this in ios 6 , which i hope is a whole new look as the current ios looks very dated

First there is no problem switching Apple stores between countries on any iPad, iphone or ipod period. Every day I do that on the fly without issues I have US accounts , Australian account and also British......so frankly I have no idea why you are having issues. Further more in the past 2 years we have had hundreds of users whom have also added other iTunes stores after seeking information on how to connect and again not one user has come back saying they have issues.....
I should also point out I have more than 100 clients whom also have multiple accounts and again no issues. Looking at your post you not only have Apple products but also Android...I get the feeling you donot like the Apple products and that's fine but can you please explain what is the point of your post.... Is it to criticise Apple or seek a solution that may in fact solve your problem and maybe assist the OP. Please understand this is a private forum. We welcome constructive criticism however stating Apple products are expensive really is a non event and has nothing to do with this thread.. The other options to do a soft reset and try again in most cases that will work...

The op has a specific issue which is connecting to itunes on a private network at his work location. The most likely reason is the companies IT department has restrictive access thus no matter what he does it will not connect. My suggestion is connect out side of his business and see if all is ok if that is the case he may choose to discuss the problem with the company he works for.

aliceneow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mytrove.wordpress.com
I own an iPad2. I just reset my Apple ID and when I tried to run updates for some apps, I cannot connect to iTunes Store. I had not such problems before till now. I tried to restart too but the result is still the same. Please help....thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts