What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for Nook won't download on iPad

paddygal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought e book from B&N to download on my iPad, but I am unable to download the Nook App. I have Kobo App, but it doesn't have the book I want. Why is iPad refusing that download? I went to the Apple store & was told that Nook is being upgraded effective 12/27/10 & that I should be able to download it within few days, but still no go. Someone help, please.
Also, can I cancel the book I bought if I can't download the App?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that B&N has pulled the app from the Apple Store until they get the new version ready... but this is just a guess on my part.

As far as getting your money back, since you already have to book on your computer, my initial reaction would be that they would not give you a refund, but it never hurts to ask, especially since their app isn't working properly.

OP
P

paddygal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple store said that it is them who are updating the app & B&N may not even be aware of what is going on. Do you think that the fact I have other e reader apps is the reason I can't download Nook?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have half a dozen ereader programs so I know that's not the problem. I downloaded the Nook program quite some time ago and it works fine... other than I really don't buy anything from B&N

Wish I could do more!

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to test this out since I haven't previously used or download the Nook app I tried it...and was able to download and open without issue.
How are you trying to get the Nook app and how is the ipad "refusing" what message are you getting. I went to the appstore via ipad searched Nook and downloaded, just fine. Are you trying to get the iphone version instead of the ipad version? Is your ipad running the latest iOS?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen Shots of the "refusal" will be very helpful

jillian_1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded the nook app today (1/15/11). I have all the updated software on my ipad. I bought a book at B&N and my ipad is saying (after I try to download the book) that "nook could not open this ebook at this time" and/or "we are sorry. This item is not yet supported on this device" Please help! Thank you

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anytime I download anything on my iPad like an app or a book and it doesn't work, I go to the multitask bar, close all the apps and then power off the iPad--that is, I press and hold down the sleep button until power off slider appears, power it off, wait a minute, then power it back on.

I got a Nook gift card for Christmas and bought John Grisschoms (sp?) The Confession, I tried opening it and got an error message, unable to open ebook. So I did the power off routine, got back into Nook, opened the book, and bam--I'm reading the book!

I hope this helps.

Cher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unable to open nook book on iPad

Matt was right. I powered down, the restart enabled the book to open. BAM! Finally. Thanks:)

Most reactions

Latest posts