What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for Brother HL-2270DW

Cap10John

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just installed a Brother HL-2270DW Compact Laser Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex on my WiFi network. For the time being, I have it connected via WiFi.

I have tried several of the free iPad printing apps and none of them have worked properly. I am ready, willing and able to purchase an app but I am not willing to purchase one that isn't going to work!

The printer works properly from my PC and my laptop. :eek:

So..does anybody have the same setup and, if so, what app did you use to make it work??

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cap10John said:
Just installed a Brother HL-2270DW Compact Laser Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex on my WiFi network. For the time being, I have it connected via WiFi.

I have tried several of the free iPad printing apps and none of them have worked properly. I am ready, willing and able to purchase an app but I am not willing to purchase one that isn't going to work!

So..does anybody have the same setup and, if so, what app did you use to make it work??

Hello,

Nothing in the specifications suggests that this is an iOS ready printer. If you were using a Mac then there are very good solutions - I use Printopia which is (IMHO) flawless. However with a Windows PC, your options are limited and restricted by the "sandbox". I know folks who've used the following products such as

Print Central from Houdah:

http://mobile.eurosmartz.com/products/printcentral.html

Brother software:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brother-iprint-scan/id382775642

FingerPrint for Windows:

http://tinkertry.com/fingerprintforwindows/

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just installed a Brother HL-2270DW Compact Laser Printer with Wireless Networking and Duplex on my WiFi network. For the time being, I have it connected via WiFi................

Hello Cap10John - welcome to the forum! :)

What a coincidence, I just installed the SAME printer to my Dell desktop w/ Windows XP - decided to go w/ the USB connection - WHY? Well, after reading the options seemed like the easiest route for me.

Now I have a Canon Pixma ink jet printer already attached to the computer via USB - installed FingerPrint on the computer months ago ($10 purchase) which allowed me to print to the Canon; well after installing the Brother printer, the iPad recognized the 2 options, so I could select either for printing - works flawlessly over my home Wi-Fi network at the moment.

Not sure if you want to switch to a USB connection but a consideration - good luck & let us know your solution!

theoldskeptic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cap10John, I have a HL-2270DW and a New Ipad(3). I also have the MiFi HotSpot for WiFi. How do I configure the printer to the WiFi network?

cookie4u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An app for this is at "cortado"

Try going to this site "workplace.cortado.com" also get the app "cortado" on your phone. Sync it with printing using the app and signing in on both my IPhone and the Computer. They appear to be independent managed items however you can toggle what device, phone or computer, is going to provide the printing - the Brother Printer HL-2770D is very fast at printing from either device. The use of the web interface in "cortado" provides printing from the web. You can put items in the "workplace.cortado.com" folders and print them. I bought this Brother about 4 hours ago so there is more to go. I also could not get the app for brother printers to work, so I was looking and found where things are at this time. Of course, you are able to print on what printers your computer has.

axpence

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paid about 6 or 8 bucks for Print n Share, seems to work.
thanks
Alejandoro

axpence

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE: the app i mentioned above prints very grainy. Do not reccomend. I am going to return my printer and get an iOS certified apirpint printer
Alejandoro

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brother has a free app called iPrint and Scan. I also added printopia thanks to twerpoets suggestions in other threads. Most of my print scan issues have solved through these apps. grainy might be an alignment issue too on your printer. Although it spends some ink, a regular cleaning and printer alignment might help. Also brother has a variety of settings in preferences that can lower your ink use and print grainy and other settings that might lend more clarity. Some programs have their own print settings and preferences depending. Like iphoto or pages.

Most reactions

Latest posts