What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App doesn't download completely

Maksumul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried to install quick office directly on my I pad. It started loading but after some time it said that the apps is more than 20 mb size and try to load through PC or wifi. I have installed the quick office via PC but now unable to synchronize with iPad and also cannot delete the incomplete download from the I pad. Could anyone please advice.

Last edited:
OP
M

Maksumul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maksumul said:
I have tried to install quick office directly on my I pad. It started loading but after some time it said that the apps is more than 20 mb size and try to load through PC or wifi. I have installed the quick office via PC but now unable to synchronize with iPad and also cannot delete the incomplete download from the I pad. Could anyone please advice.

Can anyone help on this please.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why can't you sync with the PC and why can't you delete the partial download (what happens - error messages, etc)?

OP
M

Maksumul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This error I also do not understand. I have downloaded to the pc and tried to synchronise but it is not synchronising. Also I have tried to delete from the I pad but not deleting. Other apps are working and downloading fine. One more thing when I check the size of the apps it shows 22 mb in the I tunes store but 44mb in my I tunes library.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maksumul said:
This error I also do not understand. I have downloaded to the pc and tried to synchronise but it is not synchronising. Also I have tried to delete from the I pad but not deleting. Other apps are working and downloading fine. One more thing when I check the size of the apps it shows 22 mb in the I tunes store but 44mb in my I tunes library.

Have you tried resetting your device? Usually that can remove an incomplete download (or a 'grey icon') and allow you to re-download or re-sync.

OP
M

Maksumul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The funny thing is that 2 apps are shown in my I tunes library in the apps list (completed one and incomplete one) but only the grey one ( incomplete one ) is shown in the device). the completed one is showing x Mark while trying to delete but the incomplete one does not. Pls help me on this issue .

LEG1ON

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried to delete both using ifunbox or go into you itunes folder and delete from there then download the app again?

OP
M

Maksumul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Success. I had installed through wifi in the i pad itself. Then deleted from the same. Then synchronised via i tunes.

gina.britz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can not select apps in store

Hi, I am also new to ipad. I've had it for a few weeks now and everything went well. I found it very user friendly and succeeded in figuring out most of it. However, since last night I cannot open any apps in the store. I can do a search and everything, but selecting an app just doesn't respond. Even selecting a category doesn't work. Have I accidently changed a setting somewhere, or what must I do.

Most reactions