What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error downloading 4.3.2 in iTunes

tbrown92030

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting the notice from iTunes that I'm running 4.3.1 and 4.3.2 is available. What the heck..., why not upgrade? But every time, for the past three days, no matter what time of day I try, I'm getting an error.

It gets to 621.0 MB of 621.1 MB, pauses for a good chunk of time, and then I get this error (see attached screenshot -- basically "the network connection timed out") and the item in the Downloads screen displays "zero KB of 621.1 MB - stopped (err = -3259).

'Sup with that?!? :confused:

I'm on a Windows 7 x64 PC, running iTunes 10.2.1.1. I've had no issues downloading and installing many, many apps since getting my iPad.

Attachments

• ScreenShot.png
    ScreenShot.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 417

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Firewalls and virus checkers have been known to interfere with iTunes downloads. It isn't predictable. I've downloaded several movies, and had only one of the bunch refuse to work until the firewall went down.

I believe I was using Shield Deluxe at the time.

You may have to temporarily disable your firewall and/or virus checker to complete the download. Be sure to put them right back up afterwards.

Or:

Post #43 in this thread tells you how to download the upgrade file manually and apply it to your iPad. You could try that instead.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/25532-4-3-2-update-issues-5.html

Last edited:

Most reactions