What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone using iUsers on the iPad 2 with JB 5.0.1?

sh500

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have installed this and seems to work fine, except it does not allow me to set individual passcodes for each user. If I enable a passcode for one user, it seems to be applying it to all users- a bug in using it with 5.0.1?. Any else got this going?

Thanks.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you switch to another user, and you change the pass code, it changes it for the first user also?

OP
S

sh500

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you switch to another user, and you change the pass code, it changes it for the first user also?

Yep, that's exactly what happens. I can even leave one users passcode blank and put a passcode on the other, but they will both prompt for the same password.

I've not seen much talk about it on iOS 5x. Some bad reviews otherwise too but nothing that has affected me.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, that's exactly what happens. I can even leave one users passcode blank and put a passcode on the other, but they will both prompt for the same password.

I've not seen much talk about it on iOS 5x. Some bad reviews otherwise too but nothing that has affected me.

I know it isn't quite compatible with iPad yet, mostly for iPhone.

OP
S

sh500

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know it isn't quite compatible with iPad yet, mostly for iPhone.

I thought its primary use was intended for the iPad, it being a potential multi-user device (as opposed to the iPhone).

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought its primary use was intended for the iPad, it being a potential multi-user device (as opposed to the iPhone).

Oh no, you would think that, but it was developed for iPhone. :)
smiley-computer001.gif

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
erm, iUsers is designed specifically for the iPad..., not the iPhone. The clue is in the description "iUsers - Multiple users for iPad" :D

I don't believe it has been updated for 5.x though...

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
erm, iUsers is designed specifically for the iPad..., not the iPhone. The clue is in the description "iUsers - Multiple users for iPad" :D

I don't believe it has been updated for 5.x though...

Whatttt?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
Touchè Leigh.

But, explain this to me;
Why, when you select the user, the list is all weird and it is perfect on iPhone. This leads me to believe that it was designed for iPhone.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Whatttt?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
Touchè Leigh.

But, explain this to me;
Why, when you select the user, the list is all weird and it is perfect on iPhone. This leads me to believe that it was designed for iPhone.

Well, bugs are difficult to explain. It's likely the UI control being shared on 4.x and was changed on iPad but not iPhone for 5.x

I see the developer has released an update today, so you may want to try that out and see what it fixes...

OP
S

sh500

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, bugs are difficult to explain. It's likely the UI control being shared on 4.x and was changed on iPad but not iPhone for 5.x

I see the developer has released an update today, so you may want to try that out and see what it fixes...

Ah, its not showing up on Cydia repo. Do you have a direct link?

OP
S

sh500

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just launch Cydia and wait fro it to refresh the sources. Then if you have an update, it will show up in the "changes" section of Cydia.

Yeah I did that already. I will wait a couple of days and see if I receive it.

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to Cydia, typed in "iusers" in the search box, and nothing shows up. Is there a repo that needs to be added first?

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

The first hit on google shows that you have to add this repo:

http://cydia.iblogeek.com/

Have look if this is what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thanks, yeah I saw that after I made my post. It doesn't work on my IPad 2 though. When I add a second user, it just gets stuck. I rebooted and uninstalled. Hopefully it will be updated to work with the iPad 2 on iOS 5.

Sent from my VZW iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts