What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone updated iPad air 2 to iPadOS

thirdsun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get nervous upgrading to iOS on old hardware as they have a habit of grinding them to a halt, anyone have experience with iPadOS on air 2? Does it perform smooth?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad OS isn’t to be released until 24th September. I will probably wait a day or two and then download it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While the iPad Air 2 will get the iPadOS 13 update it is the oldest iPad to receive it and won’t get a lot of the features intended for newer iPad models.

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’ve been using my iPad Air2 with both ipadOS13 public beta and ipadOS13.1 public beta releases and I was surprised how many of the new features are available. I say that as I have also been running both releases on my iPad Pro 11 as well and haven’t noticed a great deal of difference in the features between the two devices.

My advice is to go ahead and update your iPad Air2 to ipadOS 13.1 on Tuesday (24th) when it becomes available.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Done ours with no problems. (Well, only one, but I think that was with iOS 13 as well as 13.1.1. Readdle Documents crashes on my ipad and iphones when I access my Synology NAS via WebDav. Changing to Windows SMB solves the problem. Other apps have no problem with the NAS and WebDav.)

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Follow up re Readdle Documents WebDav crash posted earlier today. The latest update fixed it. (I am always impressed with Readdle: Smart team.)

Most reactions

Latest posts