What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone thinking of buying an iPad 1 or 2?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With all the excitement over the forthcoming launch of the iPad 3, it would appear that there will be some bargains around in the guise of the earlier models.

If you are thinking of taking advantage of the situation and equipping yourself with an iPad 2 for a drastically reduced cost, I would just offer one piece of advice.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. There are already advertisements for iPads at clearly unrealistic prices and I wouldn't be surprised to see the trend continuing, with unscrupulous individuals out to make a buck on the back of people's trust.

Stick to face to face deals wherever possible, and if you are buying from eBay or the like, take note of the vendor's past history. Even if it becomes possible to acquire a nearly new iPad for about $350 to $400, that is still a lot of money to lose.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's certainly a great piece of advice!

Face to face meetings should also be done with safety in mind.
Its a shame this happens, but is sadly a reality, so be smart!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Kevin-just saw this post! Great reminder for our members looking to nab an iPad for a low price! I haven't used craiglist to buy or sell things, but have heard that good judgement and safety should be used. Have a good day!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hey Kevin-just saw this post! Great reminder for our members looking to nab an iPad for a low price! I haven't used craiglist to buy or sell things, but have heard that good judgement and safety should be used. Have a good day!

Craigslist is a little dodgy from my own experience. It's completely anonymous which is great for the sellers but makes the risk burden mostly on the buyer. I've tried to buy and sell things there but usually either never hear back from people or get email replies with like second grade English skills and some number to call that's probably a Nigerian phone scam or something. Lol.

Just be careful. There probably will be a bunch for sale soon and there will be deals to be had. You'll just have to sift through all the BS to get to them.

Most reactions

Latest posts