What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know of a good cleaner app to clear out the user cache?

moon982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you clear the iPad cache and temp folders? I’m wondering how do I clear the iPad cache, temp, cookies and browser data?

Anyone know if any good cleaner apps? That clear out this junk?

There is number of web sites not loading. I have clean out the history data by going to settings, Safari, and scroll down to where it says clear history and web site data.

But many of pages are still not loading.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How do you clear the iPad cache and temp folders? I’m wondering how do I clear the iPad cache, temp, cookies and browser data?

Anyone know if any good cleaner apps? That clear out this junk?

There is number of web sites not loading. I have clean out the history data by going to settings, Safari, and scroll down to where it says clear history and web site data.

But many of pages are still not loading.

Hi Moon... - You really need to provide a lot more information: 1) What iPad model are you using; 2) What iPadOS is installed (be specific - steps recommended may vary between model/iOS); 3) How much storage is on your device and what is left (see pic below from my iPad Pro where you can obtain this data on your device - blue box); 4) Is this problem happening only in Safari, i.e. other apps working fine; 5) Have you tried other web browsers; and 6) Have you force quit the Safari app and reopened and/or have you done a 'hard reset' on you iPad?

At the moment, I'm not aware of an iOS app that would 'clean' your device - on my Mac computers I use an app called OnyX - would be great if a similar offering was available for the iPad. So, please provide answers to the questions above. Dave :)

IMG_2073 2.PNG

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Under Settings > Safari there should be an option to clear history and website data. The location varies a bit depending on the iOS version, but should not be difficult to find.

Keep in mind this will also clear persistent log-in info, so that sites that normally remember that you are logged in will need to be signed into again.

OP
M

moon982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Note the other iPad in the house work. It just this one iPad not working. Also it does not matter what browser I use.

I have deleted the history and still having problems. I have deleted the Firefox browser and download it again and still having problem.

I think the problem is some bad cookie or corrupted temp file as most websites seem to work okay.

Note I can try deleting Firefox again. Than go to the app store and download it again.

Last edited:
OP
M

moon982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Under Settings > Safari there should be an option to clear history and website data. The location varies a bit depending on the iOS version, but should not be difficult to find.

Keep in mind this will also clear persistent log-in info, so that sites that normally remember that you are logged in will need to be signed into again.

Do you mean this.

Safari website data.

Attachments

• 076ECF6E-05F8-4802-8ACE-FE02BA1B5BCB.jpeg
    076ECF6E-05F8-4802-8ACE-FE02BA1B5BCB.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

Most reactions