What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have tips on preserving battery life?

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I would like to know if any of the more experienced users of Apple gear have tips on preserving the IPAD's battery life over an extended time.

After 6 month's will it still be 10+ hours?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
he he he this is my subject ;-)

we are cooking something, we are talking about 80 hours usage for the iPad

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far the reviews are saying the battery actually far exceeded the 10 hours....so I'm thinking 10 hours is video/games or heavy web browsing....so music and books probably more like 20-30

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think 10 hours is amazing, 80 HOURS that is just impressive! Can't wait to see what ya guys are working on iPadOne.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think you would want to actually use it and experience the battery life before starting threads about how to extend the life.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be more concerned on how the battery life is 1 year from now.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad battery life

I'll be more concerned on how the battery life is 1 year from now.

Dan you will know soon what we are cooking, our warranty will be 3 years on this products ;-)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
any battery backup that has to tether to the device defeats its functionality..just like these bulky cases ive been seeing....would be nice to have a battery backup in your bag for emergencies (I guess if your stuck in the woods for a week and only have your ipad to keep you sane) but the weight of an 80 hour battery might make it not worth it.

OP
G

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would think you would want to actually use it and experience the battery life before starting threads about how to extend the life.
I am just trying to think ahead so I don't do something foolish from the start.

I own lots of battery powered gear and some have a rediculously poor battery life and I imagine its partly due to my improper battery care.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
any battery backup that has to tether to the device defeats its functionality..just like these bulky cases ive been seeing....would be nice to have a battery backup in your bag for emergencies (I guess if your stuck in the woods for a week and only have your ipad to keep you sane) but the weight of an 80 hour battery might make it not worth it.

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Something simple - snaps on to the bottom of the iPad - something I can load up with six AA batteries which will give the iPad 3 or 4 charges. That way I can throw it in my bag and if I run out of juice I'm still good to go.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got a small AsusEEEPC netbook. It's always plugged in except when I bring it in the kitchen in the morning, then it goes right back. The device being plugged in all the time never suffers, so the battery, last time I've checked, still performs well after 2 1/2 years.
What I'm afraid of with the iPad is to take a habit of using it without a wire. It could make the device awkward and clumsy to use. When you use it you have to disciplin yourself to plug it after every use.

Most reactions

Latest posts