What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have any recommendations for iPad compatible printers?

swinkcreative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that there are several printers out there that are iPad compatible... Does anyone have any recommendations?

We have about 10 people in our office that will be printing to the printer as well as using it for general use (printing & scanning). The computer that it will be hooked to is running Windows 7.

Any suggestions would be very helpful! - Most threads on this topic I've found are a little out dated.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Epson has an app for there printers can you can load on your iPad.

Netgear, which makes routers with wireless access points, has an app you put on your PC that makes your printer an AirPlay printer. So, with it, I can print to my Epson printer with any app without using the Epson app. I think it is called NetGenie. I just mentioned that in case your office is using a Netgear router.

I think HP is the one making printers that talk to iOS devices.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have a wi-fi printer, try Printing for iPad Printer Verification, you can try and see if it will work with any printer you have in your network.

OP
S

swinkcreative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks AQ_QC! Great input! I would like to print from any app, however the last 2 HP printers we bought a few months ago we ran into some problems with one when trying to use the scanning function on a Windows 7 machines.. (One we got to work, and the other we just finally gave up)

I was looking into the Epson Workforce 545 All in One this morning, but I didn't know how limited we would be in using other apps.. I did see this said in the "review" video that it supports Apple AirPrint.

Most reactions