What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any word on when stores can begin actively selling?

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think for the ipad 3 they were not able to begin selling and handing out iPads until 5pm. Just wondering if there are any news on how it'll be handled for the air.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think for the ipad 3 they were not able to begin selling and handing out iPads until 5pm. Just wondering if there are any news on how it'll be handled for the air.

The most recent news I have seen is that the iPad Air will go on sale (online) at 12:01 am Pacific Standard Time (PST) on November 1, 2013.

For physical stores, I've read that most, if not all, Apple stores will open at 8:00 am (their local time) on 1 November, and will have the iPad Air to sell at that time.

Marilyn

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be attempting to reserve a tablet for Saturday pick up Tomorrow AM- Anything to avoid waiting in long lines- i hate tight crowds . Purchase of an iPad is much faster( if you know what you want) over a iPhone- i can set my device up myself

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm getting up at 3:00 A.M. N.Y. time tomorrow to get an iPad air at apple.com. I've bought new units online a few times the first day and unfortunatedly for us east coasters, this means Apple/Cupertino California time. The good news is that this year we can Opt for a local pickup in a nearby Apple Store, instead of waiting for delivery from China. The Apple Store folks tell me that I will not have to rush or wait online. I'll get an email confirm with my purchase. Then, when the unit is ready for pickup, I'll get another email. I can walk right in and bypass the crazy line - they will hold my unit - no need to worry about it selling out. The store that I work near will not start selling units directly until 8:00 A.M.

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I I woke up with a head ache and as I was in the kitchen making some tea to sip with my Tylenol, I tried to go to the apple store- it is temporarily down. guess i will wait 15 min and see if I can reserve one now or go back to bed for a few hours

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My new iPad Air, silver 64 Gig is purchased and ready for pickup later today- I chatted online and they wait they will hold it for 5 days- longer if i need to , I just have to contact customer care. i even have a couple of pleather cases i got on Amazon that are supposed to fit the new model( paid 16.00 for both if third party supplier messed up on the size)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The local Apple Premium Reseller opened early at 8AM and had most versions of the iPad air in stock. Apple would not allow them to advertise that they were opening early to sell the iPad air, so they sent this to all their customers.

image-3649269998.jpg

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting up at 3:00 A.M. N.Y. time tomorrow to get an iPad air at apple.com. I've bought new units online a few times the first day and unfortunatedly for us east coasters, this means Apple/Cupertino California time. The good news is that this year we can Opt for a local pickup in a nearby Apple Store, instead of waiting for delivery from China.

Ordered mine Friday and it delivers to my home Monday the 4th. Its coming from Harrisburg,PA, not China.

Most reactions