What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any way for me to wirelessly sync my Outlook notes to the Notes on my Ipad 3?

kwitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am using Outlook 2010, via exchange.

Why would Apple allow for Exchange syncing for every other aspect of Outlook (Email, Calendar, To Do's) and just leave out Notes?

Is there any workaround or do I have to wait for the Office release for the Ipad?

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can sync them via iTunes. The reason it's not supported over the air is because the underlying activesync protocol doesn't support syncing of notes. That's true for all devices using ActiveSync.

DennyCrane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my first iPad and thought I missed a setting or something. My BlackBerry has always synced notes with my Exchange server, so I figured the iPad would be able to do this wirelessly as we'll. This is pretty annoying actually.

ahalowell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.alspix.ifp3.com
I could not agree more!

Hi,

Really a bad decision. Apple should have come up with a solution. It really hinders the way I work. I have almost 600 notes that now reside in Evernotes because I cannot sync the Outlook notes with my iOS notes through the cloud with my iPhone and iPad. Really a bummer.

Evernotes is a decent program but now I typically have to do two searches - the searchlight (which does NOT search Evernotes) and then inside of Evernotes if not found elsewhere.

Apple, you have made an old man even crankier than he was before!

Al

Most reactions