What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any other way to get flash

commadore64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bassmaster magazine seems to work for me on the iPad.
*the espn site, right? Or is there another URL?

Actually lack of flash eliminates most annoying advertisements on pages.
With that being said, doesn't it beg that advertisers make HTML5 content instead of FLASH as if they don't, they are ignoring a market of users (iPad) that can afford to pay premium prices for products?

Android would NOT be effected as they can play both content (flash and html5), right?

commadore64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well there we go...
#1 iPad costs more than any other tablet type device, so it is safe to say iPad users tend to spend a little more money on products than someone who is looking for a cheaper equivalent.
--same to be said by assuming the driver of a BMW and a driver of a Kia both heading to a mall, who do you think is going to buy more expensive items?
#2 If I am an advertiser or a maker of a FLASH game that I want to sell, wouldnt it be wise to make HTML5 version of the advertisement or game to hit both markets (Androids and iDevices) to increase my chances of increasing my sales/profits?

"There are more Android devices out there" - true, but back to the BMW analogy, there are a lot more Kia's on the road too.

I found 1 site that doesnt work right. Miamidolphins.com
Now if I didnt have a normal computer to see this site, they would have lost a reader. If they were concerned about popularity, they would rethink using flash or html5 again.
I just cannot imagine any company with a website saying "We are only hitting a big chunk of our potential user base, let's just be content with what we got."

--edit--
Or even this:
Would it be better for a advertiser/flash game maker to wait for who the winner of the Flash vs HTML5 war wins, or make something that is common to both? Which is HTML5
The longer the wait, the less Flash content will be made
*I wonder if this was the behind the scenes plan????

Last edited:

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have just downloaded the Puffin Browser 1.3.1 and it works with flash applications on facebook they are very slow but that doesn't matter, the main thing is it works.

Davefewox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had a chance to use puffin some more...no it isnt perfect but does work and they are not hounding me for 6 bucks a month! Doesn't cut u off like cloud browse and somehow saves (locally?)ur history and bookmarks. Cool

Davefewox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying to find a way to make steaming audio thru puffin work in the background. Tried the backgrounder app in Curia and that doesn't do it tried switching to iPod Audi controls like using pandora in background that doesn't work either suggestions?

Tekmon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got iPad 2 doesn't do HTML 5 on fox, abc, networks. No flash too. Big mistake apple. My less than half price android phone does more. Open source is going to b the future. Younger people, jail breakers and rooters will lead the way. The way to go is not be guilty of contempt of investigation and learn basic programing and release yourself from spoon fed proprietary threads you don't want to wear. Or grab your wallet and don't complain. Presently we are only guilty of "victim" of mass advertising. After owning this a couple months I find the screen superior than android devices but programing lacking in ease of use. Time is everything and to not employ flash cause of development in html5 is bs. It's always about money I declare and obviously this manufacture does want to spend for our service.

RedFugiGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An Adobe spokesman announced yesterday they have "buried the hatchet" with Apple. The posting on TechRepublic implied that Flash support for IPad will be coming. Wait and see, I guess.

Most reactions

Latest posts