What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any good canadian ipad apps?

Rocktiludrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty disappointed with the Canadian content apps so far -

Globe and Mail's app I tried out and just didn't get it. If I wanted a pdf-scanned version of a newspaper I guess that would be it. Do I really want to emulate having articles so broken up and manually flipping through pages? And at that price? I could pay someone to scan a newspaper for that price! :) Oh well, at least they tried.

NFB: I am trying really hard to like this app. Great content of course, and the app looks good... but it seems to timeout a whole lot. Just like our government to fund the project but then forgot they would need to also buy some servers to serve the content.

CBC has nothing as far as I know - need to use iphone versions. Where is our version of the BBC app? Too bad.

At least most of the US apps are starting to work well up in Canada. Beat the traffic, Flixster, Weather HD, ESPN SportCenterXL all work well, thanks US developers. Well, except ESPNs World cup soccor videos were blocked.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any good ones that I've missed.

Thanks,

Dan

Draper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This one is only $0.99!!!

CANADA
You can put it on your bag when you travel. That way, people will know you're one of the good guys!

Most reactions

Latest posts