What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Geocachers use their iPad?

CPGoldstein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I are avid geocachers - have just under 2800 caches in nearly 40 states, 5 countries (Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA & Fiji.) We are eager to use the iPad to cache - does anybody use it for geocaching? If so, do you use the "official" geocaching app, or something else? We use the c:geo on our android phones (yea, I know ... it's not the iPhone!)

Thanks friends,

-CP

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just looked it up. Sounds fun. Is it kinda like this?

We found this seashell about 200 ft into the woods from our camp site this summer.
87059fda.png

77d0e51d.png

b812ab57.png

OP
CPGoldstein

CPGoldstein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just looked it up. Sounds fun. Is it kinda like this?

We found this seashell about 200 ft into the woods from our camp site this summer.

Kinda .. it's a great hobby you can do with the entire family or solo. I have made many friends around the world as I geocached (I had a family drive 2.5 hours from where they lived to meet me in Sydney and I keep in touch with them to this day - as a matter of fact, they are planning a trip to the US in 2011 and a pit stop in Georgia!)

All of our friends are geocachers. We could all be at dinner at someones house or out to eat when we would get a notification about a new cache that just popped up. We would all rush out to be the first to find, or FTF.

-CP

chubbynupta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently acquired an iPad
Am about to take it travelling.
Would like to use it to find geocaches near my hotel and then load the info into my Garmin Oregon.
Does this sound possible?
iPad is wifi only
Thanks

mePad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've currently downloaded iGeopad and I'm trying to put just my first geocache into the data base. That progress wheel is just spinning. I'm not sure if it's working. I'll get back to you. Anyone else downloaded any apps that work?

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We recently buried a cache here: N38 53.86205 W77 2.19162. Get there early. Take a shovel and be very quiet or you will wake the neighbors.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts