What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any apps that will play wma wmv on iPad without conversion?

TonyR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried Puffin browser available in the app store? It runs everything remotely and sends it to you ready rendered rather than trying to open it in your browser. Allows you to view Flash on the iPad and I suspect WMA etc too.

OP
J

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@twerppoet - I will try Mail with my Yahoo account and see what happens. I will also buy Atomic browser, since the tabs feature alone is worth 99 cents to me. Thanks for the help. I will post back later when my wife brings the ipad back home and I try everything out!

@tonyr - Have not tried puffin but I will... interesting concept!

OP
J

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, Mail app does work with my free Yahoo Mail account. I did some more checking and apparently POP access for free Yahoo Mail accounts is now available!

And also, using the mail app, I can just click on the attached audio file and it will play right away (or tap and hold and use app like Oplayer).

Atomic Web Browser does have a download manager, but you cannot directly open it from within the browser! But since the Mail app works, it does not matter anyways! But I really like the tabs feature in Atomic anyway, so that will definitely be my default browser!

Oh, and Yahoo Mail works fine from the Atomic (paid) without changing any settings, so the Lite version must have something missing (or set differently) than the paid version which causes a problem for Yahoo Mail.

Thanks for everybodys help!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsherk said:
I have free Yahoo Mail account, and unless it has changed since I signed up for it (about 8 years ago), the free accounts don't let you use a mail client (if that's the right word).

Thanks

They do. I used to have a yahoo account with my phone and iPad.

OP
J

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the app store, I see VLC Remote ($4.99), VLC Streamer ($1.99) and VLC Streamer Free ...

Which one are you using?

OP
J

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahh.. that's why I could not find it!

I had installed the VLC Streamer Free, but that did not seem to be the player that I was looking for, which is why I asked!

I will be jailbreaking this weekend, so then I will be able to install vlc media.

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts