What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antiglare screen?

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Moshi iVisor AG for my iPad2 so that I could read my iPad outdoors in the shade without all the reflections that normally occurred. But I must be doing something wrong because with the iVisor on, I still get all the same reflections except that the screen appears fuzzy and dim. I installed as per the instructions. Any advise?

biometrix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are from southern California, then check out power support USA in Burbank. I paid $29 for an anti glare film which they flawlessly installed on my ipad2. It works well and does what it should. Been on the device since day 1 of the ipad2 and so far, no problem with it.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Montereybob said:
I bought the Moshi iVisor AG for my iPad2 so that I could read my iPad outdoors in the shade without all the reflections that normally occurred. But I must be doing something wrong because with the iVisor on, I still get all the same reflections except that the screen appears fuzzy and dim. I installed as per the instructions. Any advise?

Not my experience. My antiglare from Brando reduces reflections and glare, without compromising on the quality or brightness of the display. Either you have a very defective antiglare (unlikely since Moshi is a highly regarded brand) or more likely, just exaggerating the issue.

OP
M

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
Not my experience. My antiglare from Brando reduces reflections and glare, without compromising on the quality or brightness of the display. Either you have a very defective antiglare (unlikely since Moshi is a highly regarded brand) or more likely, just exaggerating the issue.

Not exaggerating. Must be defective. I sent it back.

seess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
antiglare is of little use. Dont waste time on it.

Last edited:
OP
M

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder why some people say their antiglare products work while others maintain that they don't. Does it depend on the brand? User error? Hallucinations?

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Montereybob said:
I wonder why some people say their antiglare products work while others maintain that they don't. Does it depend on the brand? User error? Hallucinations?

I have got a 'MediaDevil Magic Screen protector: Matte Clear (anti-glare)' coming tomorrow (hopefully) and with all the 5* reviews it gets on Amazon I am hopeful.

I was going to get a Moshi, but that seems to be getting very mixed reviews. It will be interesting as I am MEGA particular. My current cheapo protector went on great and feels like the bare glass, but it attract loads more fingerprints than the bare glass and is really difficult to clean.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Montereybob said:

I have got a 'MediaDevil Magic Screen protector: Matte Clear (anti-glare)' coming tomorrow (hopefully) and with all the 5* reviews it gets on Amazon I am hopeful.

I was going to get a Moshi, but that seems to be getting very mixed reviews. It will be interesting as I am MEGA particular. My current cheapo protector went on great and feels like the bare glass, but it attract loads more fingerprints than the bare glass and is really difficult to clean.

Will be interesting to read your thoughts on this. I'm still looking for the perfect iPad screen protector - would prefer a clear one but with a feel/texture of paper to make finger gliding smoother.
I received my MediaDevil Crystal Clear for my iPhone today but fingers still 'stick' to it instead of gliding smoothly even though the MediaDevil guy said they don't. I would consider an antiglare protector provided the clarity was not too diminished i.e. grain and colour speckling.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seess said:
antiglare is of little use. Dont waste time on it.

False, they work great for me, on all my devices!

Seconded. I use an antiglare filter from Brando, and it vastly reduces the glare and reflections esp outdoors, without really degrading any of the screen display quality. As a bonus side-effect, the antiglare material also virtually eliminates fingerprint marks and smudges.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
Will be interesting to read your thoughts on this. I'm still looking for the perfect iPad screen protector - would prefer a clear one but with a feel/texture of paper to make finger gliding smoother.
I received my MediaDevil Crystal Clear for my iPhone today but fingers still 'stick' to it instead of gliding smoothly even though the MediaDevil guy said they don't. I would consider an antiglare protector provided the clarity was not too diminished i.e. grain and colour speckling.

Well my MediaDevil came yesterday and I have to say I am very impressed with the results :)

There were two in the pack and I followed the instruction to the letter starting at the camera end instead of the home button end, unfortunately I wasn't very successful and didn't go on square. I managed to remove it and tried again and it was better, but not perfect. I got very few bubbles which came out easily and one spec of dust which I possibly could have lived with, but I tried to get it of and ended up getting more dust under it.

I was at the point of giving up, then I thought I would have a go with the other one, but this time instal it how I like to do things. This time I peeled much more of the backing off and started at the home button. The result was one perfectly installed protector which great alignment and zero dust or bubbles and in fraction of the time :)

When I took the backing off and saw the finished result I was REALLY pleased with how it looked. It is extremely matt and beautiful to touch, just like an LCD TV. Next I turned the iPad on I was amazed at how good it looked. The colours seem richer and not dulled at all from what I can tell. Fingerprints are reduced dramatically and it's not sticky at all. As for clarity I would say it's excellent, obviously I knew it wouldn't be the same as the naked screen, but it's much better than I thought it was going to be. The only time I really notice that's its there is when I scroll down a page on this forum with it's white background. All you can see is the faintest of feint mesh for the want of a better word. I am using this outside now and I can see the screen really well.

Recommended! :)

PS. I am still intrigued to compare it with a Moshi ;)

Last edited:

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I may still try one out at some point, it is just that speckling that annoys me - especially fine text on a white background.
For the record, provided you can get a dust free environment, the easiest way to apply imho is to pull the full backing off, pull the protector taught, hover just about the screen and line up the home button and camera and place down. It goes on perfectly aligned this way although you will initially get a few large air bubbles. Just wrap the cloth around the card and smooth these out to the edges. I do this all the time now and it goes on perfectly, first time. The trick is to ensure there is no dust and then be quick. I do this in my office which is typically sterile but at home, do this in the bathroom with the door closed and the hot tap on for a few mins to suppress any dust in the air. If you use the latter, ensure there is no condensation on the screen before applying.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
Thanks for the info. I may still try one out at some point, it is just that speckling that annoys me - especially fine text on a white background.

I use Daedalus Touch extensively on my iPad (which in thumbnail mode, the text gets preeeeetty small) and I have no problems with an antiglare protector over the top.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Brando must have changed their protectors then - I have had a few review samples from them in the past and they are great protectors but like the others did suffer from this issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts