What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another projector review: The AAXA P4 Pico Projector

fourier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PICTURE HEAVY! sorry,but pictures are worth a thousand words
This time I bought a projector for myself instead of borrowing it. Previously I did a review here on the AAXA M2 micro projector(which I borrowed).

I got the P4 Pico projector which is smaller than micro projector.
It supposedly has 75 minutes of battery life so it does not need to be plugged into the wall 100% of the time like the M2 micro projector was.

Overall the product is very solid. It comes with a soft matte black case which resembles the bat mobile. From what I remember about the M2, this P4 projector seems to have better color quality, but it is not as bright as the M2. The P4 has 80 lumens while the M2 has 110 so if you needed a little more brightness and didn’t mind being plugged in I would go with the M2.

I personally wanted to option of having battery power and wanted to get a new product as fast as possible.

The P4 pico projector has quite a few inputs including: VGA, A/V, 1 full usb, 1 micro usb, 1 micro sd slot, and 3.5mm headphone jack.

I wish the P4 had Hdmi like the M2 did but I guess it doesn’t really matter since I don’t run anything at 1080p anyway. I just have tons of hdmi cords laying around everywhere so would be convenient to have some use for them.

Pictures of the unit+ accessories

img5935j.jpg
img5940u.jpg

img5941y.jpg
img5942gz.jpg

Pictures of P4 pico projector on top of iPad 2
The unit is pretty small. The ipad actually make it look even smaller.
img5937j.jpg
img5938u.jpg

Images in action! streaming from Hulu App on iPad 2.
The iPad 2 mirrors so I can have anything show up. Hulu does have a video out capability so this function would work on any earlier iPhone or iPad.

img5945k.jpg
img5946c.jpg

img5947b.jpg
img5951p.jpg

img5952n.jpg
img5953.jpg

Color quality is great even on shows like SNL. These images are roughly 50-60" depending on how far i moved it back.

You can get this projector at www.aaxatech.com

Last edited:

Glenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I looked at the picos but not bright enuf for hotel business applications where lights are on. Nice conventional proj with a 2500 lumen rating but super slim is the Epson 1750.

Glenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Price? Where can I buy this on line?

Last edited:
OP
F

fourier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
available at aaxatech.com

Hey glenn, I got this projector from aaxatech.com. I don't think it's available anywhere else yet.

Glenn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey glenn, I got this projector from aaxatech.com. I don't think it's available anywhere else yet.
yeah I weote them and told them I would like to buy one and try it in my conf room and if was not bright enuf, could I return it if I packed exactly as I got it... They said -sorry 10% return charge- so I said sorry, bad policy...

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

It says the domain is not registered when I try view the photos in full screen.
Am I doing something wrong?
I am on my iPad 2 ios5, on the ipf app

Regards,
~Chays~

Most reactions

Latest posts