What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Official Apple-branded Dock for the Apple Watch is Allegedly in the Works

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
apple watch charging dock.jpg

According fresh information coming from French blog iGen.fr, who spoke with a reliable source, it seems that an official Apple-branded dock for the Apple Watch is allegedly in the works.

Rumor has it that Apple has been working on the device since Apple Watch has debuted back in April. The charging dock is believed to be marketed as the Magnetic Charging Dock, according to leaked pictures.

The packaging shows a round charging dock with a cutout in the middle for the Apple Watch’s charging disc, and cable management to route the Lightning cable through the dock. The Lightning cable is included in the box, but users will need their own USB wall charger, as well.

The accessory is believed to accommodate any Apple Watch model in either portrait or landscape orientation. Packaging stickers suggest that the Magnetic Charging Dock will retail for approximately $79 in the United States.

Source: iGen.fr

Attachments

• apple watch charging dock.jpg
    apple watch charging dock.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 330
  • apple deck.jpg
    apple deck.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 667
  • apple deck 2.jpg
    apple deck 2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 593
Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the dual position feature for charging your Apple Watch. As far as I'm aware, no other charging dock has this feature.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I like the dual position feature for charging your Apple Watch. As far as I'm aware, no other charging dock has this feature.

I saw one the other day, but can't remember it's name. I am sort of surprised that so few docks have come put with the second (on it's side) mode. I find the alarm clock mode of the watch handy, and would not buy a dock that doesn't support the feature.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks nice. I'm actually trying to make a custom apple watch charger this weekend. I'll post some pics if it goes well :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw one the other day, but can't remember it's name. I am sort of surprised that so few docks have come put with the second (on it's side) mode. I find the alarm clock mode of the watch handy, and would not buy a dock that doesn't support the feature.
Apple currently sells a third party charging dock that supports only charging the Apple Watch on its side, with no option to charge the other way.

Most reactions

Latest posts