What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one...?

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a first gen iPad Pro. The os is updated. However, the problems I’m experiencing are....

1. When I open the mail app, it opens with “mail boxes” on the left, “all inboxes” and then the last opened email on the right. I’ve asked about this before and it seems to not have any fixes.....

2. Siri will chime in for no reason at all...she will wake you up when you’re trying to sleep. (right now I shut the iPad off at bedtime.

3. Sometimes, while using Safari, it will only display half of a web page. If I force close safari, it will be fine. Then at an importune time, it will do it again.

I’ve tried clearing out all the web data, re-booting the iPad. Don’t know what else to do....

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad Pro (1st generation, 12.9”), and my Mail app does the same as yours, so this seems to be a feature of the new software, as I didn’t notice that with iOS 12.

I don’t have the same problem with Safari, though. Mine is running iPadOS 13.3 Public beta without major problems. Did you also try closing the app (open the App Switcher, swipe the app upwards)?

If you don’t like the new Mail feature, tell Apple about it:
Feedback - iPad - Apple

They might consider rearranging the Mail app, if more users send the same feedback about that feature.

OP
P

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad Pro (1st generation, 12.9”), and my Mail app does the same as yours, so this seems to be a feature of the new software, as I didn’t notice that with iOS 12.

I don’t have the same problem with Safari, though. Mine is running iPadOS 13.3 Public beta without major problems. Did you also try closing the app (open the App Switcher, swipe the app upwards)?

If you don’t like the new Mail feature, tell Apple about it:
Feedback - iPad - Apple

They might consider rearranging the Mail app, if more users send the same feedback about that feature.

thanks for the reply. I do have the latest update 13.2.2 installed. I just don’t see the need (for me) having the mail app open the way it does. A bit annoying. I’ve tried closing the apps and all, force closing them and rebooting the iPad, but nothing seems to work. I know there are still some bugs and I am trying to be patient with the hopes of another update that will take care of these (minor) issues.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You’re welcome.
It’s more likely you’ll get these bugs fixed if you report them to Apple.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I completely disabled Siri years ago, since the novelty wore off in a few days and I couldn't think of a single benefit that outweighed the loss of privacy. The sky has not fallen.

Sid_007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You’re welcome.
It’s more likely you’ll get these bugs fixed if you report them to Apple.

Hi, J.A. Can you please tell us exactly how to make such a report? I just purchased a new iPad Pro 12.9 that displays an annoying line along the bottom edge of virtually all screens that I would like to report to Apple in case it has no hard-coded purpose.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, J.A. Can you please tell us exactly how to make such a report? I just purchased a new iPad Pro 12.9 that displays an annoying line along the bottom edge of virtually all screens that I would like to report to Apple in case it has no hard-coded purpose.
I’d suggest contacting Apple Support. Use this link and select the correct topic:
Get Support

Depending on your choice, there are two or three possibilities: “Chat”, “Bring in for repair”, or maybe even “Talk to Apple Support now”.

Sid_007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’d suggest contacting Apple Support. Use this link and select the correct topic:
Get Support

Depending on your choice, there are two or three possibilities: “Chat”, “Bring in for repair”, or maybe even “Talk to Apple Support now”.

Many thanks J. A. for your suggestion, my subsequent experience with Apple Support was a half-hour or more of pure pleasure. I have never experienced such a streamlined and complete telephone service in my entire life! Apple has it nailed!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many thanks J. A. for your suggestion, my subsequent experience with Apple Support was a half-hour or more of pure pleasure. I have never experienced such a streamlined and complete telephone service in my entire life! Apple has it nailed!
Great!

OP
P

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a first gen iPad Pro and it’s updated to the latest version. The problem I’m having is more of an annoyance than anything else. When I open my email app, it opens with two columns on the left. I want it to open with just one column on the left. I’ve checked all the settings and can’t seem to find anything that will help. This has been going on for a long time. Each time there is a new update, I hope there is a fix in there, but sadly it hasn’t happened. Anyone with any help they can give would be greatly appreciated. Here are a couple of photos to show what it opens like and what I want it to open up as....
A1F0DB5D-0746-45B2-B637-631FE3503A45.jpeg
DEAC8431-26FB-475B-8753-5249FF095487.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts