What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Full Screen Not Working With Webcam

Short-Circuit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings all, my first post here so be gentle.

One of my favourite webcams is on the Swanage Railway ... Corfe Castle | Swanage Railway ... and on any Windows PC I can click on the twin arrow symbol to open it up full screen. When I try to do this on my new iPad Pro 9.7" in Safari however, it only enlarges by a miniscule amount and will not go to full screen. Video clips in say the BBC website open perfectly in full screen, so why won't the webcam?

Dave.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I tried the link on my air 2 with both Safari and Mercury. I get the same result as you on both. What you want to look at seems to have been created with something called Flowplayer, which would appear to have IOS limitations. I haven't gone into the details, but looking up Flowplayer.org may help

OP
Short-Circuit

Short-Circuit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the link on my air 2 with both Safari and Mercury. I get the same result as you on both. What you want to look at seems to have been created with something called Flowplayer, which would appear to have IOS limitations. I haven't gone into the details, but looking up Flowplayer.org may help

Thanks very much for checking, at least I know it's not an isolated issue on my iPad.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just thinking about your problem again, perhaps it is worth emailing the website admin. The video does enlarge a bit, so some control setting is limiting it I assume. Perhaps they are not aware as to what is happening.

I hope an email to them resolves it.

OP
Short-Circuit

Short-Circuit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just thinking about your problem again, perhaps it is worth emailing the website admin. The video does enlarge a bit, so some control setting is limiting it I assume. Perhaps they are not aware as to what is happening.

I hope an email to them resolves it.

Yes, I think I'll do that. I've created a login with Flowplayer but for some bizarre reason when I try to post in their forum it just keeps asking me to log in again in a constant loop ... a complete dog's breakfast of a website, so I've given up with them.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just looked at the HTML code for that page.. They use a video streamer called Flowplayer.

To get to full screen, the browser needs to recognize Shockwave Flash. iOS devices don't. So unless they rewrite the page to incorporate another streaming program, 'small' is all that will be seen on the iPad. (And Android devices too for that matter).

OP
Short-Circuit

Short-Circuit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I got a result after contacting Flowplayer and the Swanage Railway's webmaster and between them the webmaster was able to re-code the application for iPad so that it works fine now.

Dave.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just tried it. Well done. Nice to see a positive result.

Most reactions