What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one not THRILLED with the new cover? (Case)

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the Smart Cover. Just buy a sheet of those tiny little round clear rubber peel-off feet and place one in each corner of the back side. They keep the back away from surfaces, and even protect the front edge from touching the table surface when in typing position. They are practically invisible, peel off with no damage, and look like they belong on the iPad. Place more than 4 on the back if you're really worried. They also help with gripping the iPad when reading.

Why cover such a good looking industrial design? It's like buying expensive Italian furniture, then covering it up with plastic slip-covers. :)

Teerexx52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the Smart Cover. Just buy a sheet of those tiny little round clear rubber peel-off feet and place one in each corner of the back side. They keep the back away from surfaces, and even protect the front edge from touching the table surface when in typing position. They are practically invisible, peel off with no damage, and look like they belong on the iPad. Place more than 4 on the back if you're really worried. They also help with gripping the iPad when reading.

Why cover such a good looking industrial design? It's like buying expensive Italian furniture, then covering it up with plastic slip-covers. :)

What a great idea:)

lokiju

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the_john said:
I want to find a third party back cover that will work with the smartcover. Haven't seen anything yet. Tentatively I'm going to get the Zagg full body kit.

Yes this is what I'm looking for! If anyone finds one please share.

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the_john said:
I want to find a third party back cover that will work with the smartcover. Haven't seen anything yet. Tentatively I'm going to get the Zagg full body kit.

I had posted a couple pages back, Marware has one on their sight that says it works with the Smart cover. Here is a link to it, it is not in stock yet though...
http://www.marware.com/ipad-kindle-cases-and-covers/ipad-2-cases/MicroShell-iPad-2-case

Last edited:

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the_john said:

I am going withthe Bodyguardz and the Smart Cover, they should both arrive around the same time, which is the first of next month...I will post up when i get it all on.

lokiju

iPF Noob
Reaction score

habeebad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I bought the pink one and will be returning it tomorrow, ordered this if anyone is interested.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QJ397C]Amazon.com: CaseCrown Synthetic Leather Horizontal Flip Stand Case (Black) for the Apple iPad 2 Wifi / 3G Model 16GB, 32GB, 64GB: Electronics[/ame]

Vulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This too has a flaw ... when used as a stand the bottom surface of the stand is the same surface that will come in contact with the front-face glass. Not good.

I am planning on designing a cover w/ stand that does not have that problem. Really. PM me if anyone knows some place that will build a prototype.

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally prefer BestSkinsEver over the Zagg shields. They are priced lower and cut great. I ordered just the back protector so it doesn't scratch. I have my iPhone covered, MacBook Air and original iPad. They all look like new.

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aren't all these new back covers and protectors covering up the speaker on the back? And does Best Buy and other places in the mall install any screen/back protector or do they only install Zagg Invisibleshields?

Last edited:

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
totemynote said:
I have the $39 one. The only thing I don't like about is when you fold the cover around to the back it does not stay stuck to the back well. My Apple case for the iPad 1 had no magnets but this was not an issue with that.

Even if this is not a problem for anyone do you have same same experience with it? I am hoping it is a defect and I can swap it out for one that doesn't do this.

I'm not trying to nag but I've not seen a answer to my question above about wanting to know if my smart cover might be defective or if y'all are having the same experience with it. Can anyone tell me?

Thanks.

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aren't all these new back covers and protectors covering up the speaker on the back? And does Best Buy and other places in the mall install any screen/back protector or do they only install Zagg Invisibleshields?

That is a good question, can anyone who has tried the Zagg comment??

totemynote said:
I have the $39 one. The only thing I don't like about is when you fold the cover around to the back it does not stay stuck to the back well. My Apple case for the iPad 1 had no magnets but this was not an issue with that.

Even if this is not a problem for anyone do you have same same experience with it? I am hoping it is a defect and I can swap it out for one that doesn't do this.

I'm not trying to nag but I've not seen a answer to my question above about wanting to know if my smart cover might be defective or if y'all are having the same experience with it. Can anyone tell me?

Thanks.

Mine does not stay stuck on the back either, I am guessing Apple did not put magnets in the back of the Ipad.

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elgerber said:
That is a good question, can anyone who has tried the Zagg comment??

Mine does not stay stuck on the back either, I am guessing Apple did not put magnets in the back of the Ipad.

Wow, that may make me return it. It seems annoying to me. The Apple brand cover for the 1 didn't have this problem for me without magnets. Seems like a design flaw to me!

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
totemynote said:

Thanks.

The 3 iPad2s with Smart Covers that I've seen (including mine) do not cling to the back when folded. They are only designed to cling to the front. There's nothing wrong with yours.

Most reactions

Latest posts