What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alternative music player?

Cgm707

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am wondering if there are any music players that allow you to see your music library, like the iTunes interface? I like that I can sort by different criteria. All of the apps seem to be for playing music on the cloud rather than our own music.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The included music app will do that...but you have to enable home sharing on your device and on the PC with ITunes. Then you need to leave iTunes open on your PC so that they library will share. This works agree all iOS devices, including the phone, pad, touch/pod, and Apple TV.

OP
C

Cgm707

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using a Macbook and the iPad, not a PC. I have had both open and enabled home sharing, and the format for the iPad music player is nothing like the iTunes format.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You asked if you could see your music, like the Itunes interface. Then you went on to say something about the cloud and not playing your own music. This led me to believe that you weren't using the sharing feature at all and thus could not see your own music. If you can see & play your music, but really just want the same iTunes interface, you could have been more clear. And a Macbook is a PC.

OP
C

Cgm707

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry that I wasn't more clear. I've been told PCs refer to non-Apple computers. What I am looking for is an iPad music player that resembles the look of the iTunes program where you are looking at your music library.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You know...I could have sworn that app USED to look a lot more like iTunes. I might be mistaken, but it seems the music app changed recently. I wonder if iOS 5.1 brought these changes? Anyone?

I think the music app took a few steps backwards, too.

ps...no problems. MACs and PC used to be very different, but these days they use the same CPUs, GPUs, and drives. MACs run a different OS and require very specific hardware, but they can run Windows now. :)

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here is where this was mentioned. I couldn't remember the whole title.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Attachments

• image-80215511.jpg
    image-80215511.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 484

Most reactions

Latest posts