What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alleged 'iPad 3' photos shed light on camera and case details

wicked

iPF Noob
Reaction score

12.02.18-iPad3Case.jpg

Not a week goes by without the iPad 3 rumors piling up. Here’s a couple of new ones, in case you were getting worried and need a fresh mug of possibilities to think about to kick start the week. Well turns out that some Chinese publication – yes, our good old friends the Chinese – received a couple of pictures of the next generation iPad. This time is for real they say. And even if we can only see the behind, there are obvious differences between the previous two models.

The enhancement was to be expected. Just look at the iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4 – they all sport resolution imagers at 2MP, 3.2 MP and 5 MP. We’re not even mentioning the iPhone 4S and it’s brand new incredible camera who’s even capable of shooting 1080p videos.

Firs off, changes have been made in order for the device to incorporate a newer bigger 8-megapixel sensor. And that’s not all folks. RepairLabs also received a mail packed with mysterious photos. This time, they are about showcasing the outer shell of the iPad. This time the case seems to be slantlier than its predecessors.

So far, the next generation iPad is expected to be released on March 7th and to sport a resolution of 2048 x 1536 on a 9.7-inch, better battery life, a wonderful Retina Display, a quad-core A6 processor, 4G LTE capabilities. There are also voices going around saying that the iPad 3 will be noticeable thicker than the iPad 2. I guess we will just have to wait a few more days to be absolutely sure.

Source: Apple Insider

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now this looks like a better design than the other photograph that was on here.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thinner and lighter without loosing diagonal length is always better. Apple is the one who goes by that consecutively.
If you want the battery you need the 8 mm added thickness. Not a problem ,just a bit unorthodox in reference to past policy. I think we could see the thinnest iPad that will ever come out from now on in ipad3. There's no going back to a lesser battery or less pixels. I think they installed a double light bar(s) to brighten the amazing retina display at a whopping 9.7". We will never see ipad2 " thin " again. From here it only gets fatter or stays in these measurements for the most part. It will be great, we are all a bit spoiled by how things shrunk over the last couple of years...
I happen to think my ip2 screen is awesome so I am in store for a real treat. Never held the iPhone / iPod retina display in person so I get to debut it with ipad3
I always ramble on when I get excited. Excuse me for the chatter

Donkichot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the iPad-3 this is what I hope for in the importance order:

1- I want the camera of the iPhone-4S

2- SIRI vocal assistant

3- Better cpu

4- Better batterie 15 to 20 hours!

5- Retina yes but with the option of shoutting video in 720P or 1080P.

Frankly I dont see much diff between 720 and 1080 vidéo...
The diffirence It's so small that do it justify to take more space, more time to send video, more cpu and more
Batterie life and more megs in our 3g limit...

I dont think so...

I also hope fir a new Apple-TV with better cpu and FM transmitter.

Better cpu for better performance in game played in mirroring.
And FM to send music to any radio in the house !

writerranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a feeling the iPad HD rumors might be true and the big selling points would be the HD display and an HD camera.

tangerine27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see the point of a HD camera on a slab...
Do we really want hoards of people in audiences holding up iPads videoing events? iPhone, yes. iPad, NO!

Most reactions

Latest posts