What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Six Star Wars Movies will be Available Digitally for the First Time on iTunes

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
star wars itunes.jpg

For the first time, all six Star Wars movies will be available digitally this Friday, April 10 on iTunes and other digital stores. Disney, Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox have made the official announcement, saying the following on the StarWars.com website:

"The Star Wars films will soon become more powerful than you can possibly imagine: the classic series is going digital for the first time ever. All six epic films in the saga, from The Phantom Menace to Return of the Jedi, will be available on Digital HD globally beginning Friday, April 10."

Alan Bergman, president at the Walt Disney Studios also weighed in with his comment:

"Since the debut of the first film nearly 40 years ago, Star Wars has become a worldwide phenomenon with legions of fans from every generation. It’s only fitting that audiences enjoy this legendary saga and its many fascinating behind-the-scenes stories on a wide variety of platforms, and we’re very excited to finally bring all six films to Digital HD for the first time.”

Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy also added the following:

“We’re thrilled that fans will be able to enjoy the Star Wars saga on their digital devices wherever they go,” commented. These films broke new ground in technology, design, sound, and visual effects, and we’ve created some very special bonus material which delves into the saga’s rich history, including new and never-before-released conversations between legendary Star Wars artists — the masters who helped George bring his iconic universe to life.”

Thus, from April 10th, you will be able to buy Digital HD versions of the movies individually, or get them all at once as part of the Star Wars Digital Movie Collection on iTunes, Google Play, and Xbox Video.

The six movies will also come with bonus features, including documentaries, interviews with production staff, deleted scenes, and closer looks at the films' models and sets. You can already preorder individual episodes through iTunes for $19.99 each, but the collection pricing has not yet been made available.

Source: StarWars

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if this is limited to certain iTunes Stores, or available everywhere.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can pre-order them in Canada right now. Are they not showing up in the Austrian iTunes Store?

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is awesome news! I've been wanting these in digital format to go along with the Blu Ray discs that I already have. Just didn't want to go abut getting them by other means if you get my meaning....

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I just bought the bundle of all 6 movies. I figured it was better to take advantage of the sale while I could - saved $30.00! The HD versions are beautiful on my HDTV.

Thank you, Apple!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I started downloading them yesterday morning and with my slow internet connection the last one should finish downloading sometime this afternoon.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I must ask.... Why would anyone NOT watch these on blu Ray with a proper home video system? Films this epic must be shown using the best presentation possible. Watching them on a phone or even an iPad seems to be "meh". IMO.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I must ask.... Why would anyone NOT watch these on blu Ray with a proper home video system? Films this epic must be shown using the best presentation possible. Watching them on a phone or even an iPad seems to be "meh". IMO.
If you have an Apple TV, you can use AirPlay to stream the movies from your device to your home theatre system.

Most reactions

Latest posts