What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All my storage space is used up

insanity99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have virtually no space left in my iPad storage, but when I tot up the space used by apps (including their data / videos / music / etc) its only about 2/3rds of the total used.

Has anyone else had this problem and more importantly, does anyone know what is taking up storage space and how to get rid of it?

zonie77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
insanity99 said:
I have virtually no space left in my iPad storage, but when I tot up the space used by apps (including their data / videos / music / etc) its only about 2/3rds of the total used.

Has anyone else had this problem and more importantly, does anyone know what is taking up storage space and how to get rid of it?

Go to usage and see used. Usually it's videos that take it up. Choose edi and delete some of your vids.

OP
insanity99

insanity99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but as I stated all videos and other app data I have accounted for.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The OS takes up space too....It takes up a greater % of space if you have less storage. Which model do you have, 16, 32, or 64?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In the end, you have to decide what to take off, or bite the bullet and get a bigger iPad. I regularly go through my apps and remove one I am not actively using. Also, sync back photos and videos to iTunes and remove from the iPad. Check any apps for attached files like a third party video app holding a few movies could take up quite a few gigabytes. Review your synced music and reduce your playlist if need be.

Use cloud storage for any documents, it keeps them accessible, but not on your iPad. A NAS can also be used in a similar way. Also, close all apps from the multitask bar and give the iPad power down.

Most reactions

Latest posts