What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

User storage by app - how to see it?

BobR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My storage is almost Filled up. Due to music, but also user app data storage in media apps, especially a ton on pdfs in GoodReader, but also probably space in other apps. But I don't know of any way to see the space used by each app (the user data, I mean).

How can I see user space and app size by application? Am I missing something obvious?

Thks.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iTunes on your PC or Mac will tell you what file types are taking up how much space, but there's nothing broken down by app. You'd have to look that up in the App Store in iTunes (on the iPad it won't tell you once the app is installed).

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Besides the general memory bar epb mentioned you can also see the file and folder size for contents each of the apps.

Once you see your iPad in iTunes, use the menu bar at the top to choose Apps. At the bottom of the page you'll see a list of apps. Select each app and you will see the files, if any, loaded with that app. File and folder size are listed at the right.

Unfortunately there is no automatic total, so if you want more than an general idea of what being used you'll need a calculator and a scratch pad.

I doubt this is an accurate measure of each apps use of file space, but it should be good in a relative sort of way.

OP
B

BobR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, epb. I appreciate the info. :)

Of course, the app store would at best tell you how big the installed app is, but not how much user data associated with that app has been added on a particular iPad by the user.

Most reactions

Latest posts