What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All my music on ipad2 skips

chanbang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Helpppp... I've uninstalled, reinstalled, re synced my iPad loads of times and my music skips on every track. I can't find anything on the Internet to help me out. Anyone no what to do to stop this as the main reason I bought my iPad was to listen to music and it's not much use to me untill I work out what I'm doing wrong :/

OP
chanbang

chanbang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the way through the song it jumps... I don't no how else to explain music skipping lol

OP
chanbang

chanbang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it plays, but the songs are all messed up... Like if you haves scratch on a cd and it plays.. Every song sounds like that but they sync perfectly fine on to my iPod

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Music skipping? What does that mean? Lol only joking! it's not that hard :)

Your best bet is to check a few things and narrow the problem down.

It could be hardware, iOS, or problem with the files on your pc, or maybe a problem if you are plugging it into a sound system.
To start I would make sure you have everything backed up.
1) Then I would check if the sound is the same from apps and see if the speaker works well on the iPad.
2) Do the music files on your pc work ok? Try them in real player aswel as windows media if your on a pc aswel as any other media player you can just to rule the file out.
3) do you use anything like headphones or a sound system does this act the same on the song that skips? try both iPad speakers and headphone jack, do you use any cables to connect it up together?
4) is it actually skipping or is it cutting in and out of sound?
5) If it can't be solved by any of the above, try restoring your iPad and syncing the music over again see if this helps.
6) try resetting your pc, changing the sync cable, resetting the iPad if necessary, sometimes all it needs is a reset.
7) Give me a little bit more info and we can see if we can work it out. Are you using the iTunes app to play music or a third party app? Do you have any apps you can play your own music in the options (sometimes find these in games options) try the song through their too if you can.

Come back and let me know your findings, we will see if we can help. :)

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you listening to techno? Some tunes nowadays sound like that anyway lol :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Montanamuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Music skipping

Hi,
I just started having the same problem a few weeks ago. It started with a couple of tracks, I blamed the music. But it seems to be more and more tracks every time I use the music app. The music plays fine thru iTunes on my Mac Mini as well as my iTouch. I have not been able to get it to do it when using headphones, I don't use them all that often and it's so random. It is random, though there are some tracks that always do it. They just get a bit scritchy for a split second, enough to interrupt the music. There hasn't been an iOS update in recent weeks, so I can't tie it to that, especially when the iPad 2 is having issues as well. Any help is appreciated.

I have done everything you suggested, except a full restore. I did one just a while back and really don't want to have to go through another one again. This is a replacement iPad that I received in January. So while an iPad 1 it only has 3.5 months of use on it.

Thanks.
MM

IPad 1, iOS 5.1

Most reactions

Latest posts