What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aligata case opinions and others

Big J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there!

Ive been looking far and wide to find the case that I want. I thought it would be as easy as 1-2-3, but boy, has it been hard to find the right 1.

All I am asking is for is a folio with

1. Slide in ipad rather than 4 elastic type things holding it down
2. No magnets, since I will be getting the 3G version
3. A strap to hold the case closed when travelling so it doesnt open and close all the time.
4. If at all possible, being able to fold in order to have a good viewing angle.

Is that too hard to ask?

The only 2 I have found so far is

iPad leather case - genuine leather - model Dark Chocolate

and this

Shoulder Leather Case for iPad | +Simplism

Other people have suggested the ZooGue...but im not really a fan of the exterior ecstatics :(

Does anyone have any experience with the above mentioned cases?
Any other recommendations?

Would greatly appreciate your opinion!

Thank you soo much!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I also have a Incase Book Jacket and would advise you not to purchase that particular case.

Its a leather folio case with an elastic band to hold the flap shut like I wanted. However the cutouts dont line up nicely or even at all. I have to make sure and push the iPad in all the way when ever I need to connect the 30pin connector to charge it. The audio port is also completely covered so you cant use any headphones or audio out while the ipad is in the case. I feal that they rushed things, made the cases before actualy seeing a real iPad and testing if everything works as it should.

I also have parts of the case where the leather is splitting because is not real leather, its a cheap faux-leather.

gojeffrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gojeffrey.com
I also have the Incase book jacket and I'm pretty happy with it. It seems durable and I like the different angles I can use for viewing, typing, reading, etc. All of the cutouts for the dock, speaker, etc are properly aligned except for the headphone jack. It isn't completely covered, but I do need to kind of push the iPad in a little to fully expose the jack. But I'm still able to use the jack and otherwise no problems.

I would advise against the Simplism product. I ordered the Simplism folio case and sent it back right away. Very cheap quality and it was coming apart at the seams.

If you're shopping for a case at a brick & mortar store, take your iPad with you so you can make sure it fits and everything lines up properly before you buy. Based on Mike's post above, there seems to be some inconsistencies in fit and finish even from the same manufacturers.

I got my Incase book jacket at my local Apple store.

Last edited:

Pittphan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Proporta Cases

Hey you should check out proporta cases - they are very nice. They have 2 folio cases that are very good looking and functional. A leather case and a recycled leather case, both of which are very high quality for the price.

Leather Style Protective Case – Apple iPad Protective Case – Apple iPad Case – Proporta

Also Ikit has a really nice leather folio ipad case. I will be getting one soon!
ikit.com

Balibe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of the cutouts for the dock, speaker, etc are properly aligned except for the headphone jack. It isn't completely covered, but I do need to kind of push the iPad in a little to fully expose the jack. But I'm still able to use the jack and otherwise no problems.

Same here, all mine are properly aligned but the headphone jack. It is exposed but the leather prevents the plug from being fully inserted till it snaps. I never noticed this as I use a wireless headset.

Most reactions

Latest posts