What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alias from Gmail

crimlaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have three different email accounts that I use for work. I have them all forwarded to gmail. When a client emails me, I have to email them back from a specific email. However, when I am on the road, I cannot send emails from gmail on my iphone or ipad because they always come up with my gmial address and not on of my alias.

I have tried going to gmail.com, loading the desktop view, and sending from there, but that does not seem work.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is not really the answer to your specific question but if you subscribe to MobileMe then you can do something about this

To send email with a MobileMe alias on your iPad,
create an account (Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account...) choosing "Other", instead of MobileMe, with IMAP Acct info:
Name = how you want your name to appear to the Recipient,
Address = your MobileMe alias,
Password = your MobileMe password,
Description = how you want it to appear on your iPad.
Incoming Mail Server: Host Name = mail.me.com, User Name = MobileMe address, Password = MobileMe password.
Outgoing mail Server: SMTP = smtp.me.com

Tim

OP
C

crimlaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Tim. Unfortunately, it wont work. First, from what I understand, apple is no longer accepting new mobileme subscribers. Second, I have to use gmail for my work because we sync our calendars.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - sorry about that. I don't know of any way of achieving what you want to do unfortunately.

Tim

OP
C

crimlaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn,

My trouble is my lack of tech savvy. I have found similar solutions to the one you posted, but when I set up a new account, I have to provide an incoming email account information in order to verify the account. that is where I get tripped up. I am not sure what to put into those fields based on my server email addresses.

Thanks for the link. I am going to keep trying.

Most reactions

Latest posts