What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alarm clock for IPad2 that will GO OFF even when it is hibernating

paula24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I did a search, but didn't find the answer in the forums so I'm posting here. I would like an alarm that would go off, preferably one that would turn on a radio function, even when the system is technically hibernating. Anyone know one that works? I've got a couple on my IPad2, but they don't work when it's hibernating.

Thanks in advance.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no built in alarm.
I use an app called Alarm Clock HD Pro (I use the free version). All that you have to do is make sure the app is running in the background before the iPad starts hibernating. So far it's worked perfectly every time I have used it.

Edit: I'm not sure about the turning on the radio I simply have an alarm sound with a soft start.

eagleone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Nightstand Central and Night Stand for Ipad in there you can choose to play music from your ipod library....But the biggest problem here is even the app is left in the background when the alarm or music goes on only the audio is switched on the screen remains in the dark so you can't press stop or snooze untill you unlock ipad in regulary way.Also there is posibbility to show facebook news,rss,or extend weather but it all seems useless because the screen is in the dark.

Is there any way to handle that or some other application?

eagleone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah you could do that but what if I forget to turn it on for example I read a book and just shut it down its not safe as the ios alarm....

I could leave it on the whole night but theese two aplications have pictures so there is lot of lights that could disturb you ;)

Closes thing I found with Night Stand for Ipad has ability to leave just the clock with no pictures and you can decrease the brightness as much as you want that way the aplication could stay for the whole night.

So basicly my question is there aplication for this that can switch screen on when alarming?

Last edited:

eagleone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that wasn't so good idea.Last night I had 58% of battery,I decrease the brightness almost to the end and left just the clock running.Alarm was supose to go of at 7:15 but when I woke up around 7:45 the ipad was dead and battery was gone ;)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have to be honest, I have 3 or 4 of them and I like lifelike clock, I also use Ootunes radio app which might be what you are looking for! I usually charge my iPad overnight so battery isn't an issue!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use that one the most but I must admit I have never checked the battery loss. I'm always charging at night. Why the need to run on battery?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts