What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alarm clock app

Rohansays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know of an alarm clock on the iPad that will work even when your iPad is in the hibernating mode?

Moonchaser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.moonchasersoftware.com
They have not built one in, like they did on the iPhone. The 3.2 notification system would make alarms difficult, so I don't think there are many.

Good news though...4.2 for the iPad is going to be released next month (November) and it will add multi-tasking. With multi-tasking it will simple to write an alarm clock app that runs in the background, so I suspect you will find several for free shortly after release. In fact, I may even make a free one...

herbdb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any update on an alarm app? One that would run in the background and pop up an alert window and/or an audible alarm would be nice. I have not found one so far.

w1ngman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seriously? I guess I haven't honestly tried out my own d/l'd apps, but as each of the following offer an alarm with them, I just assumed any of these would wake me when the alarm goes off...

- iHome
- All-in-One Weather
- Nightstand Central

...I guess I need to stop assuming, and start testing :eek:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mzi.yncmqymu.175x175-75.jpg

I just tried, Night Stand HD and you get an alert.

ca3a05f0.png

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if they all don't work.

Edit: Just FYI, it got me to wondering. Except powered OFF, it started in every case that I threw at it.
It does seem to be dependent on the volume settings, however.

Last edited:

make2012better

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

May I know how to change the alarm sound from bird singing to laud bell to wake me up ?

May I know where to set ?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just downloaded the lite version so I'm hoping it's the one you have. I'm thinking the paid version would be similar but with more features. In the bottom right corner is an i tab, well I think its an i, its so tiny. Pressing this will bring up your settings where you'll see the tab to set an alarm. Select this and among the options is the Sound tab, this will show you the sounds available and pressing on them will play the sound. I hope it does help.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just downloaded the lite version so I'm hoping it's the one you have. I'm thinking the paid version would be similar but with more features. In the bottom right corner is an i tab, well I think its an i, its so tiny. Pressing this will bring up your settings where you'll see the tab to set an alarm. Select this and among the options is the Sound tab, this will show you the sounds available and pressing on them will play the sound. I hope it does help.

I've tried a variety of alarm clock apps and radio apps with wake up features. One area of confusion I found with some apps is that an "alarm" can be triggered without the app in the foreground but a radio station or music selection cannot. I believe, in fact, that it is impossible to trigger a radio station or music selection for any of the apps operating in the background. Some, however, do allow triggering a built-in alarm sound.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
make2012better said:
Hi Sir

Thank you very much. I set scream , it will wake up for sure.

Paul

Gosh, is that really how you want to wake up? I think I'd be jumping up in a panic. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts