What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirStash+ Battery Life

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just received one of these....It's nice. Wondering if I should get a big SDXC card or use multiple SDHC cards.

But the real issue is...how long with the built in battery in this device last? It's not like a phone...I only keep those two years...but this thing, I might want to have it around longer than 2 years.

Anyone have any experience with longevity of the battery in these?

Dang: Meant this to go in the general forum.

romeosc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it has an internal Lithium Polymer battery, it can be replaced by Battery's plus for $25.... I use an external battery usb charger uses 2 AA batteries to extend life!

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
romeosc said:
it has an internal Lithium Polymer battery, it can be replaced by Battery's plus for $25.... I use an external battery usb charger uses 2 AA batteries to extend life!

Do you have a site or source for this so u can read up on it some more? Thanks.

romeosc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazon carries USB charger that works on 2 AA batteries.

I use lithium AA batteries in it when I travel without elec!

gabey8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you like the device? Does it make life easier when you want to transfer files between an iDevice and a regular computer?

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like it a lot, so far. Right now, I have several movies on it and several albums of ripped music. I'll be trying photos, pdfs, and other files soon, too. It seems to have good range and so far, for iOS devices, it streams fine. It and my Android devices aren't getting along, though. But on my Iconia, I could plug into the usb port and use it that way. This would be a good way to trade files with laptop users while on travel.

romeosc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love it!

Just got back from Tanzanian Safari where it was the hit of the group!

Some info here:
Romeo Ramblings

We were able to backup and share 14,000 pictures among the 13 travelers!

6 of us had iPads! My wife's and mine and our other friends from Memphis all had the AirStash+ App. Unfortunately because we were in middle of Serengetti, without 3G or WIFI (except for adhoc network created by AirStash), the others couldnot down load the app and had to use the web app

We were able to transfer pictures between the Safari vehicles while in the middle of nowhere.

We charged iPads, Cameras and the AirStash from the 220 volt inverters in the Humvees.

I was able to save all the pictures to 2 32 GB SD cards and made great viewing around dinner table over drinks!

This allowed us to make backups of shots everyday as well as share other's pictures!

Most reactions

Latest posts