What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirPrinting

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Read the comments on the Jaxov site.

If you're using win 7 make sure you have admin rights, have bonjour installed and check that your firewall isn't blocking the connection. Always a good idea to do a quick reboot when you try things like this.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mmm.... The install went okay with the CMD commands, but no joy printing? No sign of a printer when I click find on the IPad?

I didn't get the firewall warning, Windows firewall is turned off an my PC and AVG firewall is on, however no warning from AVG. I have also tried with the firewall turned off.

I tried clicking AirPrint.exe and got the following message

'listening for connections ......
Listening for connections on .......
Unable to remove ........./cupslite/cupslite. No such file or directory
Xpdfprint library version = 3.02.33'

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Try this
Go to the folder in program files and double click on AirPrint.exe then you get the firewall exceptions popup to allow and you should be good to go

drosenth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is some windows code you have to start. Here is a link with instructions.

jaxov.com/2010/11/how-to-enable-airprint-service-on-windows

Worked like a champ!!! Wow! Running on windows XP and able to print to all my shared legacy printers. OMG! Incredible!

DaveR

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting closer, i have overcome the 'Username and Password request' (I don't have a password set up on my Windows 7 install) by setting Guest Account on,

All seems to work okay, but when i click print, it appears to print but nothing is sent to the printer??????

Last edited:

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your computer is awake?

Yes the PC is on and I have the print menu list up on the screen, but nothing goes into the print list?

I thought it may be a firewall issue (I am on AVG Internet security) so I hav removed and added AirPrint.exe to the exceptions list, but no joy???

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm I wish I knew more about the whole AirPrint system so I could help, I am happy the manual install worked for me. Hope someone has some more things for you to try

iPadBiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm still getting this error. Bonjor installed. On Windows 7. Any thoughts?

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm still getting this error. Bonjor installed. On Windows 7. Any thoughts?

Things to check, i know they sound obvious but worth a check

1. Is your printer set to shared
2. Have you added airprint.exe as an exception to your file wall

I am almost there i can see the printer on the Ipad (but doesnt print), but i still get the above error if i double click the Airprint.exe file

iPadBiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The printer is shared on the network. Is there something more within Bonjour that I need to set this up to print??

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying to execute the code found on the Jacob sitento no avail. Keeps giving me access denied each time. Not a computer wiz here. Any thoughts?

Access Denied sound like an administrator error; try the following if you haven't already done so;

(assuming you are on Windows 7) Type cmd in the search box, when cmd.exe comes up in the box, right click on it and click on 'run as administrator' then try the code

Last edited:

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The printer is shared on the network. Is there something more within Bonjour that I need to set this up to print??

I just installted Bonjour, that was it, i didn't change any setting etc

I assume you have followed the following guide?

How to Install AirPrint to Enable Wireless Printing on Windows? | Jaxov

If so when you inputted the code did everything go okay?

Check in the services menu (Control Panel/Adminstrator Tools/Services) to see if the 'Bonjour' and 'Airprint' services are running?

Last edited:

Most reactions