What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirPrinting

nhbeast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, but it's limited to only about 10 HP printers (you can Google a list of them).

trctex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a cannon 500 printer that is on a print server in my network and I can print just fine to it.

bogiesmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
trctex - did AirPrint just "find" your printer on the network? I haven't updated yet (a weekend task) but I have three different printers on my network. I was hoping it would be as easy as AirPrint recognizing them. Any input you have is appreciated.

Luke Bizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To heck with Airprint. I just got the $9.95 Printopia app (7 day full app demo available) and it prints to any printer on my network no problem.

trctex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is some windows code you have to start. Here is a link with instructions.

jaxov.com/2010/11/how-to-enable-airprint-service-on-windows

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you! Amazing that at least 1 person does a simple search before complaining here!

bogiesmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Excellent!! Thanks for the help! I can't wait to try it.

bmlove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying to execute the code found on the Jacob sitento no avail. Keeps giving me access denied each time. Not a computer wiz here. Any thoughts?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I'm getting access denied too... Gonna try again in a few I'll let you know if it works... Thing is I didn't want to go through my pc.

OK easy fix (which I assumed it would be) for the access denied results...

Instead of typing cmd in the search/run bar go to start/programs/accessories and then right click on the cmd prompt option and choose "Run as Administrator" all the commands are accessible from there and the print install went off without a hitch.. using Canon MP560 on a wireless network.

Last edited:

bmlove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I got the command to create the Airprint successful, but now it wont execute when I type in the sc.exe start Airprint. Keep getting a message that it couldn't launch in a timely manner. Guess I'll just wait to see if my print(s) get on the list later.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to the folder in program files and double click on AirPrint.exe then you get the firewall exceptions popup to allow and you should be good to go

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mmm.... The install went okay with the CMD commands, but no joy printing? No sign of a printer when I click find on the IPad?

I didn't get the firewall warning, Windows firewall is turned off an my PC and AVG firewall is on, however no warning from AVG. I have also tried with the firewall turned off.

I tried clicking AirPrint.exe and got the following message

'listening for connections ......
Listening for connections on .......
Unable to remove ........./cupslite/cupslite. No such file or directory
Xpdfprint library version = 3.02.33'

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try going into user account and turn guest account on,then reboot your computer. This worked for me on a windows xp system.

Most reactions

Latest posts