What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirPrinting

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying to execute the code found on the Jacob sitento no avail. Keeps giving me access denied each time. Not a computer wiz here. Any thoughts?

Access Denied sound like an administrator error; try the following if you haven't already done so;

(assuming you are on Windows 7) Type cmd in the search box, when cmd.exe comes up in the box, right click on it and click on 'run as administrator' then try the code

How I got past this is to go to start, all programs, accessories, there you see the link for cmd, Right click and choose run as administrator.

When I type cmd in the search bar the cmd is actually executed so no way to run as admin by that route

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your computer is awake?

Yes the PC is on and I have the print menu list up on the screen, but nothing goes into the print list?

I thought it may be a firewall issue (I am on AVG Internet security) so I hav removed and added AirPrint.exe to the exceptions list, but no joy???

I first had the same problem and once I changed my printer from spooling any print job to directly print the job, it worked (but besides the .exe there need to be 2 more .dlls too).
But this was with an itunes 10.1 beta.
Now that I have installed the final 10.1, it doesn't work any more. In the beta, I could enable to use my printer for airprint. Any idea on this one?

Another problem I have is, that I cannot get out of the print menu when I select a printer in pages. The app constantly crashes as soon as I select my printer. In safari I can select the printer, but no printouts (I guess) due to above mentioned problems.

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything worked like a charm but i have a mini problem

Sometimes when i go to print it doesn't find the printer and sometime it does

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mmm.... The install went okay with the CMD commands, but no joy printing? No sign of a printer when I click find on the IPad?

I didn't get the firewall warning, Windows firewall is turned off an my PC and AVG firewall is on, however no warning from AVG. I have also tried with the firewall turned off.

I tried clicking AirPrint.exe and got the following message

'listening for connections ......
Listening for connections on .......
Unable to remove ........./cupslite/cupslite. No such file or directory
Xpdfprint library version = 3.02.33'

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

I have the same problem, also have avg internet protection and firewall. Airprint does work IF I disable the AVG firewall. Does anyone know how to configure the AVG firewall so Airprint will work with it ON?

abiekaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adelaide Kent

Since my wireless HP printer is too cheap a model to qualify for AirPrint, I have been e-mailing documents to myself and printing from a desktop. Not ideal.

I think we should all lobby HP to make more models compatible.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since my wireless HP printer is too cheap a model to qualify for AirPrint, I have been e-mailing documents to myself and printing from a desktop. Not ideal.

I think we should all lobby HP to make more models compatible.

Does anyone know if AirPrint is a hardware Tweek, a chip added to the printer PCB, or a software change...on either Apple's end or HP's?

Bob Maxey

malfi1972

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AirPrint on Vista

Hello All,

I am getting this problem, which apparently has been shared by others:

listening for connections ......
Listening for connections on .......
Unable to remove ........./cupslite/cupslite. No such file or directory
Xpdfprint library version = 3.02.33'

whenever I execute airprint, and after I installed the hack manually. I actually got my iPad2 to see my wireless printer, and to print, once before getting this error. The printer is shared and the apps are allowed by Firewall.

In Admin Tools Services I see AirPrint, but it isn't started, and it lists nothing under "dependencies" even though I thought the command

sc.exe create AirPrint binPath= "C:\Program Files\AirPrint\airprint.exe -s" depend= "Bonjour Service" start= auto

actually set AirPrint dependent on Bonjour. I think that may be the root of the problem, but I have not idea what I should do, and I'd appreciate any help anyone could give.

Most reactions

Latest posts