What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirDrop not working

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a 10.5” iPad Pro running 13.5.1 and a 2009 iMac running High Sierra. Both devices can see each other in Bluetooth but the iPad doesn’t show up in the Airdrop window and and the same on the iPad. I’ve reset the BlueTooth module, reset PRAM and ensured that do not disturb is turned off. Any idea what to try next. I’ve obviously shut down the iMac and the iPad at least once.

OP
Willster

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ah ok. Thanks for that. Kind of strange that the iMac has the hardware and it’s also in the OS.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Afaik, it’s possible to send files via AirDrop between Macs released 2008 and later, so that’s the explantion why you can find the feature on your iMac.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah ok. Thanks for that. Kind of strange that the iMac has the hardware and it’s also in the OS.

iOS compatible AirDrop required newer Bluetooth and Wi-Fi hardware that was not installed in Macs until the 2012 models; features that allowed discoverability and file transfers without having to join the same network.

OP
Willster

Willster

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS compatible AirDrop required newer Bluetooth and Wi-Fi hardware that was not installed in Macs until the 2012 models; features that allowed discoverability and file transfers without having to join the same network.

I see, that makes sense. Thank you!

Most reactions