What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Video universal app just came out today!!!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About Air Video

Find it in the app store...if you already bought it on the iPhone it's a free update otherwise it's $3, which is really cheap considering how great this app is!

Go buy it, it is so worth it! Now need to put any videos on your iPad.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Gentle thanks for share

I will use it with my 3G as with wifi i didn’t need it all my movie are in my time capsule and i can watch in my 52’’ LCD

and i have already some in my iPad wifi

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About Air Video

Find it in the app store...if you already bought it on the iPhone it's a free update otherwise it's $3, which is really cheap considering how great this app is!

Go buy it, it is so worth it! Now need to put any videos on your iPad.

All I ever wanted was a large screen mobile that was also thin and lite weight which could stream my video from a media server to where ever I happened to be. The complete Air Video package is perfect in that it doesn't matter what kind of video file that was on my computer.

340x.jpg

Air Sharing for the iPad makes this possible.

Last edited:

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: Air Video - Watch your videos anywhere! (Utilities)

from Popular Version Updates for iPad
550020.png
Air Video - Watch your videos anywhere! 2.2.1

Category: Utilities
Price: $2.99, Version: 2.2.0 -> 2.2.1 (iTunes)

550020.jpg
Description:

Enjoy your entire video collection everywhere! *
Is your iPhone/iPod touch full and yet it contains only a fraction of your video library? Are your videos in format unsupported by iPhone/iPod touch?
Think of all those AVI, DivX, MKV and other files in your collection that would take weeks to convert just to be playable on iPhone.

Air Video is the ultimate solution for these problems.

IMPORTANT: Please upgrade to latest server version after installing the update!

★ Video Streaming ★

Instead of having to synchronize your videos to device you can now watch them over air. Suddenly the capacity of your iPhone/iPod touch is infinite and the nuisance of iTunes is gone.

★ Live Conversion ★

iPhone and iPod touch are very picky about the video formats they can play. Normally this means you need to convert the entire video before you can watch it. This can easily take an hour!

With Air Video this is no longer an issue. Air Video supports almost all video formats and performs the conversion *on fly*. That means you don't have to wait until the file gets converted any more. You can start watching it almost immediately.

★ ★ ★

Air Video comes packed with features. It can share folders on your harddrive as well as iTunes playlists. It supports live conversion as well as offline conversion where the entire file is converted upfront. It lets you customize the conversion settings, adjust resolution, zoom and crop the video.

* Air Video works over local network and over internet (including 3G). However to enjoy streaming over internet your router must support UPnP or NAT-PMP protocols so that Air Video can setup the port forwarding for you.

* Air Video will not play DRM protected videos.

* Live Conversion requires firmware 3.0.

The free server software (available for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and Microsoft Windows) is needed to stream and convert the videos and can be downloaded at About Air Video .

If you have any trouble getting Air Video working please contact us either by email or through the support forum. We reply to every message that we get. Asking for help in customer reviews is unlikely to get your problem resolved because we have no way to contact you.

IMPORTANT: If you emailed us and didn't receive reply within a day, we didn't get your email! Please email us again or use the support forum.

What's New

Note: Seeking during live conversion requires iPhone firmware 3.1 or newer.
Subtitle support!
Audio Boost
Remember last played file
Adaptive quality control
Fixed voice over problems
Stability improvements

Air Video - Watch your videos anywhere!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is so cool Makes life easy I have a bunch of movies on the Macbook which I have no room to sync to iphone and its perfect I know for sure it will work fine on the ipad as well and its not platform dependent Now I can stream videos direct

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a great program! I downloaded the paid version a couple days ago after trying the free version.

I love it! Now when my wife wants to watch a TV show, I can watch my shows stored on my computer through the iPad without having to leave my couch!

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, im missing something somewhere or missed in the text, i downloaded the free one to try out see that it works and how easy it is, and yes nice app easy and works well but what do you get in the paid vertion thats diff to the free one. Am i not reading something, i know im picking up new specs tommorow but it can't jut be that he he. thanks to anyone that can tell me, i dont mind paying for the app if it does more than the free one which plays my films, not try the convertion and i have progs for converting which do not take long. thanks

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, im missing something somewhere or missed in the text, i downloaded the free one to try out see that it works and how easy it is, and yes nice app easy and works well but what do you get in the paid vertion thats diff to the free one. Am i not reading something, i know im picking up new specs tommorow but it can't jut be that he he. thanks to anyone that can tell me, i dont mind paying for the app if it does more than the free one which plays my films, not try the convertion and i have progs for converting which do not take long. thanks

The free version limits how many files you can see in one folder so if you have a lot videos the free version will not display all of them.

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The free version limits how many files you can see in one folder so if you have a lot videos the free version will not display all of them.

Thanks for the info, so maybe extra folders, but would get a bit tirsome. looks like another by for what the price is. thanks.

Arthur Hucksake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alot of apps I have ended up resenting paying for, but this certainly aint one of them. It's worth every penny, it's excellent. Far better than more expensive software i've used on PC.

Yoshiki UK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't got an iPad yet, but doing loads of research for when I get one. Does anyone know if air video will convert .vob files on the fly? Or would they be tood big? Because i often rip dvds to my PC in.vob at which end up as around 5gb or so.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just downloaded the "lite" version, but I am sure the paid version won't be too far behind. Now all I need is a good program to convert my .dvr-ms files (off-air TV programs recorded by Windows Media Center) to a "normal" format. Handbrake usually my "go to" program for converting video files, but it doesn't seem to like this format. Still Googling for the answer... unless someone here has any suggestions.

Most reactions

Latest posts