What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Display - Use it? Like It?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on getting Air Display for working in Mac apps that have toolbars that clutter up my screen (XCode and PhotoShop). My 15" MacBook Pro seems a little cramped when working.

My question is: Does anyone really use Air Display? Ten bucks for an app that I may not use would be disappointing.

EE_Chris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't speak about Air Display but I do use MaxiVista for the same thing. It's nice to have and though I don't use it everyday, I don't feel disappointed in having spent the same amount of money on it. Aside from using it for toolbars, help menus and other 'static' things, it's also come in handy a couple of times to show people something that they would have had to come into my office otherwise to see. I'm talking like configuration settings for various programs where there's a lot of options and it's just easier to 'show' someone visually instead of spelling it out. I believe the nice thing about Air Display being used on Macs is that some of the touch functionality is still enabled, which is not the case with MaxiVista - it's ONLY a display, no touch input. So even without that added bonus, I'd buy it again knowing how much I've used it to date.

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I emailed the developer about a free trial. I will report back as to whether or not they will offer one.

I really want this app but I'm not sure why I would need it at the moment besides the wow factor. any quick/static media/news I need access to is available via ipad already.

but it is a sexy concept....

***they do NOT offer a free trial***

Last edited:

sakunlabs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am definitely loving it. Useful to put all my distraction-inducing windows on it. Allows me a bit of focus.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought AirDisplay ... and have never gotten it to work. I got it to the point where my PC recognizes there is an iPad hooked up, but the iPad never comes off the initial screen and I can't drag anything to it. I still mess with it every now and then - mostly because I spent 10 bucks (!) on it - but, so far, no luck. Granted, I'm trying to get it working on a Windows machine, but still.

I've since bought, and use, MaxiVista, which works fine (though it doesn't have touch capability like Air Display)

Sorry to be such a sour puss - hopefully you'll do better with your Mac. Good luck on your purchase.

Marilyn

Most reactions